PDA

View Full Version : How do you get stains out?

gracies mom
09-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Gracie has 2 almost brand new zippers that I realized I left at my mom's house. They're too small for her now (70), and I want to give them away. One is a christmas stripe zipper, and the other is orange/pink stripes. The orange/pink one has stains at the top of the zipper, and I don't know if it's worth it try to remove them since I don't even know how old they are. What do you think? Do you think OxyClean will help?

tigalig
09-28-2004, 04:11 PM
I highly recommend soaking in OxyClean in the hottest water that the fabric can stand. I am amazed at what that cleaning product can do with hot water - seriously, I was always stumped with stains and now I feel like I can conquer almost anything with it. Good luck!

Melanie
09-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Me too! I keep meaning to come back to post thanks to the ladies who recommended it!!

babymama
09-28-2004, 05:41 PM
I haven't tried the oxyclean in a bucket. But I can say that I LOVE oxyclean stain remover - in a spray bottle.

I've also heard good things about Zout, but I can't seem to find it anywhere I shop.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Momof3Labs
09-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Yep, and use several scoops of Oxyclean and let the outfit soak for a couple of days (the water will obviously cool off; that's okay). This gets out everything without fading the clothes!!

hlkm2e
09-28-2004, 05:47 PM
I think the trick with OxyClean is super hot water and leaving it to soak for a long time. My Mom has gotten out some old, awful stains this way.

lisak
09-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I've only used Zout, but will try OxiClean next time. I have had pretty good luck w/ Zout. DH picks it up at Walmart when we need it. I don't know if Target carries it...

crayonblue
09-28-2004, 10:48 PM
I got my Zout at Target. I also bought OxiClean but I don't think I have used it to it's full capacity. Tomorrow will have to be get-stains-out day!

lisams
09-29-2004, 12:43 AM
I think I've tried it all - Zout, Shout, sticks, gels, sprays and just 2 weeks ago I tried the new Oxyclean Baby spray (no dies or scent added) and man is that stuff GOOD! I am so happy to find something that works so I'd suggest you give Oxyclean a try!

Good luck!
Lisa