PDA

View Full Version : Another shoe question

miki
09-28-2004, 09:51 PM
At what point did you go beyond the Robeez/Bobux/ShooShoos/etc type shoes for your walker? I still don't let DD walk on pavement without holding her hands and when she does, it's in those soft leather shoes. When should I be getting her real shoes? And when will I stop being so nervous of her walking outside?

trumansmom
09-29-2004, 12:17 AM
I bought DS his first pair of Stride Rites when walking truly became his primary mode of transportation. By that I mean that I no longer felt I needed to carry him all the time. He was an early walker, so I think it was around 11 months. It was also the day we made our first trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I was concerned he might get stepped on in his Robeez.

HTH-

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

kijip
09-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Toby got his first pair of Stride Rites earlier this month. He still wears Robeez but we put him in the harder soled shoes for the park or lots of pavement.

As for not being nervous when walking outside I would say past college...but for different reasons!

jubilee
09-29-2004, 03:50 AM
I got DS some preschoolians when he started walking steady. They have different flexability for each stage of walking. I got and recommend the "I'm walking barefoot" style- and they have different colors and designs within that style. They are VERY flexable, but have a more sturdy sole than the robeez styles. I let him walk outdoors with them and don't worry a rock or anything will hurt his foot. We just ordered our second pair. www.preschoolians.com

AdoptChina
09-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Connor started taking steps for a couple months...he wore Robeez/Babyshoos then. As soon as his walking advanced and he was doing mainly that I switched to Stride Rite shoes. He still will wear his shooshoos if we are in a hurry and I think he will mainly be in his stroller, but if I know he is going to be getting up and walking I put on his other shoes