PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for baby/kids clothes in SWEDEN!!

LoveMyBabyBeans
09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Yup, the real deal. The place where the idea of Hanna Andersson came from. I can not even believe I forgot to share this with you guys. Seven long months ago, my sweet, wonderful DH put in an order for a Volvo and in a week from this Saturday, we are taking a journey by train and then ferry boat to Sweden to go pick our new wheels up at the Volvo Factory in Goteborg (missing a little embellishment over the second "o"), Sweden.

As if the brand new car isn't enough excitement, it JUST hit me that I will be in the land of Hanna's...and can actually shop for Hanna'ish clothes for my little ones while I'm there.

So, once I get back, I'll let you ladies know what treasures I find in Sweden.

iluvmy2boys
09-29-2004, 01:52 PM
can I hide away in your suitcase with my DH's wallet!! ;) LOL!!

That sounds wonderful - wish I could go with, I'd LOVE to pick up my kids some clothes from Sweden!

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 02:38 PM
That sounds like so much fun! Both the new car and the clothes shopping! BTW, is the new Volvo for you? ;)

LoveMyBabyBeans
09-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Yup, it's my new momma-mobile!! I am beside myself about this. I had been driving my very first car (that I got 8 years ago), a teeny Volkswagon Golf. We sold that in January (sniff, sniff) right before we moved overseas, and we've been a 1 car family since. It's hard to go from 2 cars to 1 when you've been used to having 2. We would have had the Volvo sooner, but the waiting list for one of these babies was 7 months long.

Oh, and I'm looking for some codes from last winter's Hanna catalog. There was a nordic looking sweater in navy that I am looking for a code for. If they still have it, I may very quickly order it and try to have it in time for our trip. The boys sweaters still fit from last year, so I want one for Andie.

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Is it this? They have the baby set in size 50 only for $34. The code is XF27401.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/3w27269.jpg http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Medium/3w27401.jpg

LoveMyBabyBeans
09-29-2004, 03:32 PM
YES YES YES, that is IT! And Andie still fits in 50's. I really hate to get it in 50 as she is really close to outgrowing size 50...but she will fit it for this trip and look oh so Scandinavian and WARM for when we go to pick up our Swedish wheels!!!! Not too shabby of a price either. I paid FULL price for this same outfit for Quinn, so $34 plus another 20% off is a deal in my book.

Thanks Denise!!

jpang
09-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Wow, that sounds like fun! Just the idea of travel sounds good to me. You'll have to post pics when you come back.

I like the idea of picking up a few pieces of clothing for DD when we travel. When we went to Oregon earlier in the summer, I went to one of the local crafts fair and picked up a batik shirt and handknitted cap for DD. One of a kind things that remind me of our friends there and the nice time we had.

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Sure! Anything I can do to enable a fellow addict. :D It is a really good deal, though. You definitely need to post pics of them all looking Nordic and cozy!