PDA

View Full Version : Shoes that match Fox Trot

jvorhis
09-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Do you think I could get away with these stride rites with the Fox Trot knickers and sweater? Emma's pictures are on Saturday so I need to get something. I did pick up the Fox Trot shoes just incase but if I get these she can wear them with other things.

Thanks

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13869.jpg

dules
09-29-2004, 04:52 PM
I think those would look great, and I agree re: getting shoes that will go with more things!

Post the pics when you get them!

Best,
Mary

heidi_timms
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
We just got these shoes but I'm not picking up my FT until tomorrow, but I think that the Striderites are more versatile. BTW: Are you going to put leather protectant on yours? I can't decide if I want to try and waterproof all of DD's fall and winter shoes.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

jvorhis
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I think I will probably just end up getting the SR shoes tomorrow when I go to pick up my holds at gymboree. I did not even think of putting leather protectant on them. DD just started walking and does not really walk around that much outside.

JenCA
09-29-2004, 05:26 PM
I think those shoes would work great, but I wanted to mention another option. The new pink/ivory mary janes from the CS collection are a decent match for the FT line. The pinks aren't exactly right, but considering the fact that the shoes won't be close to the clothing, I think they'll work. FWIW, I plan to pair the CS mary janes with the FT jumper and the FT sweater dress--and the added bonus is that the CS shoes also (obviously) match the CS pieces we're getting for Gymbucks redemption. I think DD will get a lot of wear out of these shoes. HTH! :)

urbanmama
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
I have these shoes too and I definitely think that they will go well with the FT stuff and be more versatile and able to go with lots of other things (do you have any CAAB?).

Marie

urbanmama
09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Heidi,

I am definitely putting leather protectant on all of my daughters' shoes!

Marie

jvorhis
09-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Well today I went and put on hold the CAAB striped sweater and CAAB shirt - already have tights. I did not even think of that! Another reason to get the stride rites.

Thanks

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes! Those would be great with FT!! We have some chocolate brown MJs from Target that I plan on putting with FT & CAAB. They look really good together, IMO.

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Yep. Me, too. All our nubuck and suede shoes get leather protector. :)

jubilee
09-29-2004, 07:05 PM
www.jackandlily.com have several cute styles that go with pink and brown, if you are looking for soft soled shoes.

heidi_timms
09-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Denise and Marie,

Thank you so much for the input on the leather protectant. Sorry to hijack this thread-LOL! What type of leather protectant do you use?

Jenn,

I'm not sure if you have an outlet near you, but they have these in last year's model for $22! That's where I got mine. The style is called "Emily".

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

erzzie
09-29-2004, 08:26 PM
And does the leather protectant do anything to help prevent the suede scuffs?

Thanks!

jvorhis
09-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Really, they have them at our store for $41 - I wish we had an outlet near us! I still want them thought can find any other brown shoes that I like anywhere!

parkersmama
09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
The kind I bought this time is just from Target (find it with the shoelaces, etc, in the shoe department). It's for suede and nubuck and you just spray it on and it helps protect them from dirt and water. I also have a suede brush (very stiff brush) that I use periodically to "fluff" the suede back up. This does help with suede scuffs some.