PDA

View Full Version : Are HA 80s just waaaay too big? (Pictures)

iujen94
09-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Here's pictures of DS in his HA Love a Bug stuff, size 80. He's right on the line of 70 and 80 and I went 80 because I wanted to make sure he could wear it all winter. Now I'm worried that it's just way too big and looks silly. What do y'all think?

P.S. As you can see, I had to bribe DS with two packs of playing cards to get these pictures...I have no idea how y'all get your kids to cooperate so well with playing "fashion show"! LOL!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13892.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13893.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13894.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13895.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13896.jpg

lctippins
09-29-2004, 09:13 PM
We're having the same problem here. DD (15 months) has worn size 70 since December 2003 and is just beginning to ougrow them. I've bought all size 80 for Fall/Winter, but everything is huge. It's just so tough to tell how quickly they'll grow at this point since toddlers typically only gain a handful of pounds and a couple of inches from 1-2 years of age.

FWIW, I don't think you DS's 80s look ridiculously big. I'd keep them and rest easy knowing he'll be able to wear it all in the Spring.

:-) Lisa

MariFP
09-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I don't think it looks too big nor silly. He is so cute! One the good things about HA is that their clothes look good when they are roomy, just fit and when it is time to go a size up. I bet you will use these clothes for a very long time. DD just went to bed in her 80's PJ that I got her at the end of last winter (she is 16m now, 24lbs and 33'' long). It still fits fine.

AdoptChina
09-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the 80s work well...I like that he has growing room in them :)
( I may have to buy the stripe jeeper now lol)

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 10:14 PM
What a cutie! I actually think they look good. Yes, they're a little big but they have some growing room which is nice. :)

steph2003
09-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't think they look ridiculously big - your DS looks like mine in his 80s. We have the same problem 70s look fine now but no growing room & I want them to last thru winter. I'd stick with the 80s. Your little guy looks cute in his Hannas!

ktdid74
09-29-2004, 10:55 PM
He's adorable! I think the 80's look fine on him- besides they'll shrink a little bit. Very cute pics!

supersparkee
09-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Very cute! And very into exploring whatever is in that drawer!

I think the 80's will be fine. I've found that Hanna's shrink a little bit so once you wash them they will be fine. On the other hand, Hanna's also seem to have more "give" when they are on the small side, but I would still stick with the 80's.

When taking pictures of DD, I usually have to take a bunch just to get one or two good ones (and distracting with toys helps too). She is constantly in motion so I have to have the camera on the action setting!

mom to little e
09-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Andrew is adorable!! How tall is he and how much does he weigh? I see that he is just six days younger than Ean and we are in exactly the same situation.

I don't think that the clothes looked too big. I thought he looked pretty darn cute in his Hannas! We just placed an order last night for the same outfit Andrew is wearing plus some of the Barnyard stuff. I just love the look of Hanna clothes!

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

ainwonderland
09-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi!

How big is your cutie? He looks adorable in his comfy clothes and I would *definitely* keep the 80s.

I ordered the EXACT same pieces as you but in size 70. My "Chunk of Luv" Max is 28" and 19lbs (a few weeks ago) at almost 5 months old, and part of me is wishing I had ordered the 80s in a few things (turtlesuits, jeepers, wiggles, and LABug pants). Between him still being at a peak growth period and helpful DH accidently drying on high :-) I think we would have gotten more use out of the 80s.

Although I will say I have the LABug orange jacket in 70 and that seems HUGE...but very cute with the pants. I could barely get through Sams Club the other night because everyone was stopping to look at him in his cute hannas :-)

Alice
Mom to Macey 8-24-03 and Max 5-4-04

iujen94
09-30-2004, 11:34 AM
At his 9-month check up (a month and a half ago) he was 21 lbs and 29 inches. He grew like a little weed at first but finally seems to be slowing down some.

Maybe I'll let DH do DS's laundry and that will help :)

I think I will definitely keep the 80s though - maybe he'll even be able to fit in them next fall! Thanks all for your advice (I *knew* this would be the place to ask!)

mom to little e
09-30-2004, 10:16 PM
I CAN'T WAIT til we get our Hanna order!!! 4-6 business days feels like an eternity right now...!!!

Casey &
Ean (11/06/03) the little love of my life

lrucci
10-01-2004, 12:00 AM
We are having the same problem. DD is right on the upper end of the 70. I ordered her some 80s and they were huge. When I called, CS told me that sizw70 was like a 12-18 month and 80 was similiar to a 2T. Since dd has just started to wear 12-18 months, I am sticking with the 70s for now.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03