PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bad .....

Vajrastorm
09-29-2004, 09:58 PM
I bought Fox Trot at full price during the GB earning period, earning 2 GB. My store was fully loaded with the FT pieces, so I'm re-buying them with my GB, and returning the originals after. I feel so sneaky, even though a sale associate gave me a wink and a smile over it during the earning period. :P

Bwahahahaha

mommieo5
09-29-2004, 11:25 PM
Do they give you your receipt back after you spend your buck and doesn't the receipt make a mention of the gymbuck Im thinking they will only give you 1/2 back if you return them am I right about this?? Or don't they care??

tigalig
09-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Oh . . . I had not even thought of that as a possibility. Wow, I may get to use my second gymbuck after all!

parkersmama
09-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Yes, they give you your receipt back and no, the receipt doesn't mention the Gymbuck (unless you got it online). There shouldn't be any problem returning the items on your original receipt once you've used the Gymbuck.

JenCA
09-30-2004, 12:15 AM
At my Gymbo, when you earn Gymbucks, they draw a dollar sign on your receipt with a yellow highlighter before attaching the receipt to the Gymbuck(s). Is this unique to my store, or does anyone else's Gymbo do this?

murpheyblue2
09-30-2004, 12:20 AM
My store does that too.

lrucci
09-30-2004, 12:29 AM
None of our local Gymbos do this.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

heidi_timms
09-30-2004, 12:39 AM
I recently had a problem returning a dress from the last earning period (before this one). They gave me a hard time returning since I had spent the Gymbucks already and the manager said returning the item was like getting "free merchandise" from Gymboree. I did also return two items that I had bought with the Gymbucks, so she made an "exception". She gave me such a hard time about it!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

urbanmama
09-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Heidi,

That is ridiculous!! For goodness sake-- they sell clothing for babies and children. Their lines come out months before you actually can use them weather-wise. Are you expected to keep items that end up not fitting right? I'm afraid I'd give them a hard time right back!!

I understand that they have a problem with fraud, but I honestly wish they'd just do away with the Gymbucks (and replace them with other promotions, of course) rather than accuse EVERYONE of trying to cheat the system!

End of rant...

Marie

pamela mom of 3
09-30-2004, 12:33 PM
I've done that! i think it's a great idea }(

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/36o/1.png[/img][/url]

heidi_timms
09-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Marie,

I know, I didn't back down until she returned the dress. It was ridiculous that it was just one item and I spend hundreds there monthly!! The other two items I purchased with my gymbucks. I like that store better because they have more of a selection (it's bigger), but I'm redeeming my Gymbucks at a different store because she just rubbed me the wrong way!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

urbanmama
09-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Good for you!! No reason to help their sales numbers when they are so b%$#@y to you!

Marie

kransden
09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Here is my feeling on doing this. Instead of pricing their clothes reasonably, gymbo does a promotional mark-up on all their lines. I doubt they are losing any money on the lines when they are 40% off. Since they make no effort to restrict people using gymbucks, they are still making money or they would have a different promotion.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

malie
09-30-2004, 07:23 PM
If they were really worried about fraud, all they would have to do is tell you when you return the items that earned the gymbucks in the first place that you can only get store credit once the gymbuck has been removed from the receipt and you try to return something. For most people that really would be okay since they would probably spend it on some other gymboree item anyway

Technically speaking they have the right to say hey where is the gymbuck but since they don't have a policy in place at your store or don't enforce the policy that does exist there are always going to be people who get around it all the time (I'm not talking about you since it's obvious that it wasn't your plan to start with :) but there are people who really are that sneaky all the time..kind of scary that they are just for some children's clothing)

And of course we all know the reason why they keep gymbucks is because it gets you into the store twice and you are likely to spend twice as much then if you went into the store only once