PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this funny Hanna story...

khakismom
09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
This morning as I was getting Ellen dressed, her closet was open. She went up to it, threw her arms in the air and starts her "uhn, uhn, uhn" sounds which means "I want something Mommy." So I picked her up so she was facing out and let her grab at what she wanted. She lunged right for the Hanna Chicka Chick dress. So I pulled it off the hanger and set her down with it. Now she is hugging it, and then she hands it to me and looks at me. She wants me to put it on her--she wants to wear her Hanna dress!!

By now I am dying--I *cannot* get over the fact that a 15-month old is telling me what she wants to wear. Well I wasn't about to put it on her today for school, so I put it back in the closet. OMG, you should have heard the wailing that came from that child. She was TICKED! She cried for a good few minutes, very sad that Mommy wouldn't let her wear her new favorite dress. It was the funniest, craziest thing!

I'm a little taken aback by this whole scene, because I've never experienced anything like it. I'm completely floored that my little baby has a clothes preference... but of course, so proud that it's Hannas that she wants!! LOL! :)

bluej
09-30-2004, 07:55 PM
That's cute! Let's hope she continues to love her Hanna's for many years to come!

sugarsnappea
09-30-2004, 08:13 PM
It sounds like Ellen shares her Mother's good taste in clothes. I love your cute story. :)

suribear
09-30-2004, 08:13 PM
The other day my 18 month DS rejected the outfit I wanted him to wear and went through his clothes rejecting everything... until he came to a hanna wiggle pants/onesie combination. At least he has good taste LOL

Kris

JenCA
09-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Maureen, that is hilarious (and totally adorable)! :)

houseof3boys
09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Did you expect anything less from your daughter? Of course she has great taste...look at her mommy.

That is adorable. :)

cvharris
How cute!!!

We are so familiar with the 'uhn, uhn, uhn' sounds here, too. :)

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

Tori_s mom
It was so clear how much Ellen loved them from your pictures the other day. I have this great mental image of her hugging the dress!

Tasha

heidis2girls
09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
That is so cute! She does have wonderful taste! You might have some problems with her when she's older if she has opinions about her clothing at 15 months!!! ;-)

ktdid74
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
That is so cute Maureen! Whenever Mackenzie sees her CC dress (it's sitting on a chair right now because we may exchange it for another size) she says "bok-bok" (think chicken sounds :) ) and pats the chickens in the wagon. Ellen has great taste!

khakismom
09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Tasha, totally OT, but I have been meaning to post this for weeks (so I am hijacking my own thread ;)...)

Are you my Brownie Fairy? :) I did some sniffing of old messages.

Tori_s mom
09-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Yep, you got it! I had such fun picking stuff out. I hope you enjoyed everything. Did you like the raspberry curd? :)

Tasha

khakismom
09-30-2004, 09:50 PM
OMG, that stuff is TDF! YUMMM-MEE! Thank you so much sweetie! You timed it perfectly--it came on my birthday, and I could not wipe the smile off my face for days.

Thank you for being such an AWESOME Brownie Fairy! :D

Tori_s mom
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
:7 You've totally made my day today!! It's been sort of rough since Tori's got a cold.

In case you need more raspberry curd, here's Rowena's website: http://www.rowenas.com/ They have way too much of the yummy. My husband especially loves the raspberry curd with my molten chocolate babycakes.

Tasha

parkersmama
09-30-2004, 10:08 PM
LOL! Too cute! I don't think Amy Grace has developed much of an opinion yet about her clothes but she definitely enjoys dressing up and wearing something new. :)

smomom
09-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Leave it to your child to have such good taste. :)

Quick, load up that cart tonight before the code expires! For Ellen's sake, of course.