PDA

View Full Version : Yep, another Hanna question! Help a procrastinator!

pritchettzoo
09-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Actually, I have two.

Sizing indecision time...DD is at least 29" tall. Should I get the Chicka Chick jumper in 70 or 80? I doubt she'd fit into it next fall anyway, and I like shorter dresses on babies (especially to show off her little cloth diapered bum! ;) ). I just don't want it to look too short on her like it's a bad hand-me-down or something, KWIM?

Second question is color-related. Orange or red turtlesuit underneath? There's a red button, but is it barn red or regular red?

Thanks!

Anna

ktdid74
09-30-2004, 09:33 PM
My DD is 30" and I bought the 80- fits great length wise but I have to send it back for a 90 due to DD's huge belly. I bought the barn red (the button is barn-reddish) but there is regular red on the wagon embroidery. I wish now that I had ordered the orange juice turtlesuit instead of barn red. It's such an adorable outfit though!

eta- didn't realize orange juice color is totally sold out now--oops

LucyG
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
I would get the 80. My DD is 29", and her summer playdress (size 70) is looking kind of short on her. I think your DD would outgrow a 70 too soon.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
19 months and counting!

pritchettzoo
09-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Too many colors!

Anna

ktdid74
09-30-2004, 10:00 PM
no kidding! the little girl modeling the dress is wearing the orange juice turtlesuit. The color offered now is just regular orange. Barn red looks nice but very fall-ish. Good luck :)

lctippins
09-30-2004, 10:17 PM
My DD is 33" tall and 22.5 lbs (string bean), and I got her the 80. I considered exchanging it for a 70 because it was a little large for my taste, but ended up deciding to keep the 80. Depending on how much your DD weighs, I might advise buying the 70 since you like dresses on the shorter side. The 80 is quite long on my DD and she's tall!

As for the turtlesuit, I have both barn red and orange juice and prefer the way the o.j. looks with the jumper. The barn red comes pretty close to matching the red button, but does not match the red in the chicks. I was lucky and got o.j. in size 80 before they sold out, but if I hadn't I'd probably have called a couple of retail stores looking for one.

Lisa - Mom to Kendall, 15 months

lrucci
09-30-2004, 11:57 PM
My DD is about 29" and between 18-19 pounds. I ordered the 70 and I am happy with the way it fits her. She has room, but it is not swimming on her. For some reason, everything I have ordered in an 80 seems to swallow her up.

I ordered both the OJ turtlesuit and the barn red. I definitely like the orange juice better. THe OJ is sold out online, but if you call around to the B&M stores, you'll probably be able to get one. I just ordered a 70 from the Mall of America store. I still have the OJ in an 80. I am going to return it so LMK if you (or anyone else) want it.

Edited because I am very tired and mistakenly wrote that I like the barn red better. oops!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

dules
10-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Funny, my DD is 29 inches, 20 lbs 11 oz and I prefer 80s on her. 70s are definitely becoming a squeeze in anything that's not a knit (same with 6-12 clothes).

All kids are just built differently!

Can you order both sizes then return the one that does not fit?

Best,
Mary