PDA

View Full Version : Need help with halloween costume

momtoemma
10-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I've purchased the orange and black striped long johns and matching zipper for my daughters to be tigers for halloween. I found some orange headbands to put on for the ears at Michael's, but I haven't had any luck finding something I could use for a tail. Does anyone know where I can find some sort of tail that I could attach? I've even thought about making a tail but don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

julierobin
10-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Can't help on where to buy a tail... But here is an off the cuff idea on how to make one.

Find a spongy pool noodle and cut longway into fourths -- Somehow attach thick, bendable wire to it. Make a sleeve easily by sewing some fabric together... Slide wire 1/4 noodle into sleeve. Really I did not think this through, so it might not work at all. Just an idea.

Julie, Mommy to Ben 8/7/03
and Baby #2 EDD 1/05

Samraelanelevi
10-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Have you ever seen that foam paper stuff? They sell it at Michaels. It is very easy to cut and you could cut it into any size and shape you wanted-just a thought. For attaching a tail maybe use a black belt and put it around the girls waist with the tail hagning off the back.

Another way would be to stitch material together and use batting (stuffing)to make them full and soft tails. This would be very simple-if you need help just ask.

heidi_timms
10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I would sew along skinny tube about an inch in diameter. You probably don't even need to be a good sewer to do this. Then turn inside out. Leave one end open and stuff with stuffing from the fabric store. You could attach it with a large safety pin or you could sew in on.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03