PDA

View Full Version : Should I get my baby some shoes?

Saartje
10-05-2004, 12:15 AM
I know he doesn't HAVE to have shoes until he's walking outside, but he's trying so hard to crawl these days. He moves all over the floor (hardwood) on his belly; but I'm wondering if some Robeez-style shoes would give him some more traction. Thoughts? For this purpose, would any one brand be better than others? (I've found the look I want in both Robeez and Jack and Lily, but I'm willing to get a shoe without a monkey if it would work better. ;) )

2lovingkids
10-05-2004, 12:29 AM
I adore Jack and Lily shoes, and I think they are a little less expensive than the Robeez. There is also another company called shooshoos. Do a search on the web for soft leather baby shoes and you'll find some great stuff. My dd just had her one year check and the ped. said that the J&L shoes she had were perfect.

gour0
10-05-2004, 12:34 AM
I honestly don't think he'll get more traction than his bare feet, but if he's got socks on, then I would say that he probably needs more traction than that. We used Shooshoos as his 1st pair. I think the coop is selling for $17 ish.... so you might want to try that.

Saartje
10-05-2004, 12:48 AM
He's had bare feet until now, but it's getting cold here, so he's starting to need socks to keep his feet from freezing. (I know mine are already getting painfully cold if I don't have socks on, and I'm the barefoot queen -- and I have a much lower surface area-to-volume ratio!)

Jack and Lily has 20% off for the month of October on their website, so I think I may go with that; I like their look better than Shooshoos, and the price is pretty close to the coop price. Unless there's some other reason I should consider some other brand?

brigmaman
10-05-2004, 02:55 AM
I'm not sure how wide Isaac's feet are, but I know he's a big guy like Brig was. Brig's feet were fat and wide and the Jack and lily's fit him better than Robeez.