PDA

View Full Version : ISO Warm Fall Jackets/Coats

sugarsnappea
10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
I need Fall jackets for my 2 girls. I am searching around, but am coming up empty handed. I want something much warmer than a jean jacket, and I am not looking for anything dressy. Something along the lines of a Hanna fleece for the baby. As for what to buy my big girl, I am not sure. I haven't seen anything that I like. I now regret not buying that Hanna Bug jacket with the code. Argh! Does anyone have any ideas? TIA :)

jk3
10-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Lands End has some cute fleece jackets. My DS had one last year with his name monogrammed on it. Very cute! It lasted for the fall, winter + spring since they run slightly large. They come in an array of colors + a pattern or two. This year he has the Love a Bug Fleece which I love on him. Both are great choices!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

sugarsnappea
10-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks! JG has a LE fleece that I bought too large. I was contemplating buying another to fit now. But, I was hoping to find something a little more exciting than plain fleece. Why didn't I buy
the love a bug with the code?? :)

parkersmama
10-05-2004, 09:19 AM
You could always keep an eye on eBay. The Love a Bug jackets and other Hanna fleece from previous years (zoo pals, puppies, bears, etc) come up periodically.

sugarsnappea
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
I searched a little for the Hippity jacket in yellow. However, it is freezing here, and I need something soon. Yesterday, the women at the bank were teasing me because I had the baby in a polartec bunting! :)

heidis2girls
10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Deb, I bought my girls the fleece lined anoraks from Mini Boden. Here is a picture of them (I posted my Mini Boden purchases last week!):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14333.jpg

They wore them to school yesterday when it was only in the low 40's (we're in Massachusetts). They love them and they are adorable, they got lots of compliments on them. I wish I had one for myself! They are "shower proof" on the outside, so not stiff like a raincoat, and have a nice fleece lining inside. Let me know if you have any other questions about them.

I also bought the fleece coats from Lands End for my girls but they haven't worn them yet.

HTH!