PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding pj's for Brig...

brigmaman
10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Here's what I need:
*no flannel/fleece
*arms/legs that are not super skinny (i.e. Gap, TCP)
*needs to come in Toddler size 4 (he's a 3T, but pj's seem to run really small!)
Right now he's wearing Wiggle Pants and t's to bed, but it's getting cold, and his 90's won't fit him for long. I just can't see spending $36 (plus insane shipping and tax) for long johns from Hanna, though they'd probably work great.
Any suggestions?

bnme
10-05-2004, 10:11 AM
I use Carters sweat pants and ls t's or sweatshirts for my DS. The prices are great at the Carters outlet. They sometimes even have sweats that are lighter (not "fuzziish" inside) - I just bought a pair for $7 on Sunday that is like this - I am actually returning them cuz we need the warmer ones.

I have also scored a few ls one piece outits at Gymboree for around 12-15 bucks that I use as PJs. They usually have a bunch of these in the bigger sizes on markdowns at my store.

reyn74
10-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I got 2 pairs of short PJ sets for my boys from TCP this summer that I loved. They were nice soft cotton, and not too small at all. The cotton had quite a bit of stretch to it as well. The only problem I had was that they only had 2 prints to choose from at the time. The ones I got were the kind that are hanging in the bags. I would definitely try a 2 piece set from there. I got a number of really great items for summer that have all held up really well, and so far the one long sleeve shirt I got for fall is my favorite, the cotton is so thick and soft. The only thing I don't know is how their long PJ's are, and their styles do seem to change. But for the price, I'd think it would be worth a try. The only PJ's that I've liked better are my Hannas. These were much better than the ones I got from Target or even the Disney Store ones. Hmm, now I want to go get some long pairs, just to see how they are, lol.

-Sarah and 3 boys

egoldber
10-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Target has cotton Hanes sweats up to size 5T. They are roomy and hold up fairly well. They are also incredible cheap. I get the sweat pants for DD to wear to preschool on super cold days, but they'd make fine PJs too I think.

HTH,

brigmaman
10-05-2004, 10:55 AM
I never thought to check out the gymbo or other one piece outfits! That's a great idea! I wouldn't use them during the day, but at night they'd be cozy!

newbelly2002
10-05-2004, 11:08 AM
I have often used Rugged Bear/Gap flannel pants and a long sleeve T-shirt for pajamas. The waist is comfy, not too tight, but the material is soft and warm.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

cinrein
10-05-2004, 04:01 PM
I found some Carter's thermal 2-piece toddler pajamas at BJs (of all places) for 8.99. It was a mess to find the size/color I wanted, but they are there.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

pamela mom of 3
10-05-2004, 04:33 PM
You sound like me when i was on the hunt for ds's PJ's..does your sears carry joe boxer? i found some in a 4, roomy and they have many styles.

good luck! :)

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/36o/1.png[/img][/url]

heidis2girls
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
I got some for my girls at Costco. I believe they are "Bratz" brand, or something like that. They are roomy, I don't like the tight ones either. Size up as they tend to shrink a bit.

I also bought them some Disney pajamas that they had recently. I don't remember seeing any for boys (Princesses, only!), but my friend bought Nemo for her son. These are nice and soft and my girls love them, but the tops run small so I needed to size up to get the top to fit looser so the bottoms are a bit long. Not a big deal as the girls love them!

I've also gotten Rugged Bear pajamas and they are great, too.

HTH!

brigmaman
10-05-2004, 08:40 PM
I haven't been to sears (it's an hour away) in a while, but I'll probably make one more trip before my due date- so I'll check out the Joe Boxer options.
I wanted to ask you about Please Mum. You had posted a link in another forum and I happened to check it out. The prices are very reasonable and they happen to have e-waist cords which I wanted for Brig. What store are they comparable to in the U.S.? How is the quality?
Thanks!