PDA

View Full Version : Stride Rite vs. Jumping Jacks vs. Elefanten

miki
10-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how the sizing and fit compares between SR, JJ, and Elefanten shoes? We've gone to try SR and Elefanten but I like some of the JJ styles better and people seem to think they are as good as the SR shoes. Unfortunately, I can't find a store that carries them locally so I'd have to order online. TIA.

zuzu
10-05-2004, 02:19 PM
We just started buying shoes this spring, and have owned a pair of each of the three brands. I'm sure others with more experience will chime in.

The Elefantens we had were sandals, and I really loved them, but I haven't yet tried any of their other styles. If you do want to try the JJs, check to see if they have any styles you like on zappos.com. We ordered a pair of JJs from them recently and before Sarah even wore them out of the house (I wasn't sure whether we were keeping them) I saw part of the stitching was coming loose. I called Zappos and they told me to keep them and that they would fully credit my account anyway. Execellent CS! I'm sure we just got a defective pair, and I would definitely order JJs again. They are very flexible and seem more comfortable than the SRs she has in a similar style.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

nitaghei
10-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Jumping Jacks seem to fit the same as SRs - DS wears mediums in both. So far, we have had 3 pairs - 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of sandals. The soles, especially of the "Perfection" line shoes are a little more flexible than the SR Natural Motion System, I think. DS exhibited a definite preference for the JJs.

I did buy one pair from Zappos - and they truly have excellent customer service. (I've bought shoes for myself from Zappos,too.) DS has subjected his JJs to enormous abuse, and they have held up extremely well - for the 2 months they fit him, that is! :)

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

stillplayswithbarbies
10-05-2004, 02:59 PM
kidsurplus has Jumping Jacks, cheap

http://www.kidsurplus.com/jumpingjacks.html

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

egoldber
10-05-2004, 03:33 PM
In my experience, it all depends on the style of shoe. My DD has a wide foot, and she can wear some styles of Elefantens and not others. She can wear pretty much any SR wide shoe and some mediums, but not all.

I personally do not buy shoes (for me or DD) that I can't try on first.

McQ
10-05-2004, 08:48 PM
We were at Nordstrom's yesterday trying on shoes. Declan's first shoes & summer sandals were SR. He has a wide (and fat) foot and needed extra wides in both pairs. This time we tried Elefanten's and they were too narrow for his foot. Or it could have been the style shoe - it was a slip-on. We ended up with a pair of lace up Ecco's. So I'm not sure if it was style or brand. Tough call.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04