PDA

View Full Version : question about family outfits for outdoor pictures

mlewis
10-05-2004, 03:13 PM
This is very late notice, but I called today to get an appointment for family pictures at an outdoor photographers and she only had one opening until spring and it's Saturday! I need ideas for what to wear. Camden is almost 15 months old and then there's just me and DH. She suggested simple so that the clothing did not take away from the faces. They are all outdoor pictures and some suggested scenery was a pond and white picket fence, willow tree, etc. A family who recently had their pictures taken there did white shirts and jeans, but I wasn't sure about Camden wearing white shirt and jeans.

Samraelanelevi
10-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Instead of a white shirt in jeans maybe a fall colored shirt and denim overalls? Maybe you and dh could wear the white and CAmden could wear a colored shirt. Or all of you could wear fall colored tops-brown, tan, cream, orange, green, etc. You could pick 3 different colors and they'd still look nice together. Not sure where you live or if it's warm enough there but overalls without a shirt is always cute on little boys too.

GL and I can't wait to see them!

iluvmy2boys
10-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Personally? I'd have Camden wear the AWITW outfit and you DH wear khakis with burnt orange colored shirts. Or maybe olive green pants for you both and orange tops.

That color combo looked SO cute on Camden and would look really nice in outdoors pics :)

parkersmama
10-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I think having Camden in overalls with a white tee or fall colored tee would be really cute. The overalls could be denim, khaki, or corduroy. And then you and dh can either wear jeans and shirts or khakis and shirts. I agree with the photographer, plainer is better, especially for an outdoor family picture where there are several people to match and the colorful outdoor surroundings.