PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have these shoes?

Samraelanelevi
10-05-2004, 11:58 PM
They are L'Amour. I am thinking of ordering them for my daughter. She needs navy shoes, but I am not sure if these are any good. I so wanted the BF but since that fell through I thought I could save a bit of money and get something like this. Please give me your honest opinions.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14387.jpg

Imperia
10-06-2004, 03:12 AM
I know Heidi (Timms) has some in red, she says they are great. I don't have any personally though. Maybe Heidi would be able to give you a review.

Imperia

parkersmama
10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Those are adorable! Where did you find them? I'd love to have some in red. I know that L'Amour makes very good shoes but we haven't actually had a pair before.

zuzu
10-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I don't have them, but they are adorable and look comfy too!

Hopefully someone can give you a first-hand report on the quality/fit.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

Samraelanelevi
10-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Here's the site. http://www.forgetmenotkids.com/ The shoes are $32 and then shipping. They come in red, navy and dark brown (I know the dark brown is out of stock, btu they expect more soon).

Please someone give us a review!

mattiew
10-06-2004, 04:41 PM
I had been thinking about ordering them in brown but just couldn't decide. I have heard good things about L'Amour shoes but I think the sizing really depends on the shoe style. I ended up ordering these in black
http://www.uniquehomestore.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm?ID=167 (sorry I can't figure out how to make it just a picture) and ordered a size 7 (DD is currently wearing a 6 in Keds).

Carrie

gracies mom
10-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I think they're comparable to Elefantens. Our local boutique just ordered a TON of L'Amour's, so I'm sure I'll probably pick up a few pairs.

lrucci
10-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Those are really cute. I really like the look of L'Amour shoes, but why do they all start at size 5? I need something for dd's itty bitty size 3 foot.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

heidi_timms
10-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have these in red! They are very cute and seem pretty flexible. They look very well made and I love the color. I ordered them from a Mama on my Naartjie loops. The toe area is a bit wide since they are a box toe. My DD is just moving into size 5 and I ordered 6 as they say to size up for L'amour shoes as they run small. They are a bit big for my DD, but she can definitely pull them off and we can get a good amount of wear. She hasn't worn them yet as I have to put the waterproofing stuff on them (just picked up at Target yesterday).

L'amour also has a line called Angel baby for smaller sizes. Their shoes supposedly run opposite. They run huge so you are supposed to size down (so I've heard).

There is an ebay seller that is a dealer on ebay where you could get them at a better price. I think her seller name is myhearts4god and her store name is sweetsoles. I emailed her about measurements a while back and she was super sweet. I didn't end up buying from her though because someone on my loops began selling them.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

mattiew
10-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Heidi,
What waterproofing stuff did you buy? I didn't even think about that for nubuck shoes but I guess it is a good idea!

Thanks!
Carrie

heidi_timms
10-07-2004, 12:57 PM
I bought some stuff by Kiwi for suede and nubuck at Target. They had 5-6 different kinds. Hopefully, it will prevent stains to the shoes too!

parkersmama
10-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Heidi, I tried looking for her on eBay but nothing came up under either of those names. Any ideas?

dules
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Denise, I sent you an email!

Best,
Mary

dules
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Denise, I sent you an email!

Best,
Mary

heidi_timms
10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Denise,

I pasted one of her auctions below. I originally almost bought a brown pair from her in this style. I don't see any of this style now, but it says on her auction that she can special order any style of L'amour....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28013&item=8137046763&tc=photo

ETA: she had the brown ones listed for $24.99 in size 6 when I almost bought that pair.

~Heidi