PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Costumes, calling missym

lfp2n
10-06-2004, 02:46 PM
or anyone else who has tried them. How big is the 18 month, as they have the tiger on overstock but only in 18 months, so I don't know if it will fit DD. She is 18 months now, 31.5 inches, 25lb 5oz at the moment. This is her 2nd costume I bought a wolf one in Sams that said 2-4 yrs I knew it was small so I thought it was more of a 2. I just tried it on and it doesn't fit at all- more like 12 months so I need a replacement.

Thanks

Lucy 3/03

alkagift
10-06-2004, 03:01 PM
I bought a 9-12 month lion one for DS last year and it was plenty big on him, and he was running at 95% of the height charts. In general I think LE runs large in their infant sizes.

Having said that, I would really recommend calling LE. Their customer service on the phone might be able to help you with more exact dimensions. Calling's much more helpful than just the info on the internet. The size table at LE indicates that the max height on a 18M is 31 inches, so your DD is already pushing that dimension--but they're made to be comfy so perhaps there's more room than you think. My DS's halloween costume is made with 2" of "ease" as they call it, to accommodate winter clothes, etc. They also say that their clothing will accommodate "growth spurts," so maybe it will be fine!

HTH,
Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

MariFP
10-06-2004, 03:12 PM
I bought the pig one in 18 months. DD is 16 months, around 32''long and 24lbs. It fits very well, with room.

lfp2n
10-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Thankyou both I think I'll risk it, although DH will kill me if I have two costimes that are too small, he thinks I should cut the wolf in half so its jacket and trousers but I'm just not that handy! BTW I really wanted the pig one too, its so cute!

Lucy DD 3/03

houseof3boys
10-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Ryan is much thinner than your DD but he is the same height and this costume was *huge* on him. I bought him the dino in 12 months as a backup and it fits him perfectly.

LE runs huge for some stuff and these are one of those things. I hope it works for you if you do end up getting it for her, it's adorable. :)

You can always return it to Sears if it doesn't work out.

lfp2n
10-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks- I forgot I could take it back to Sears that sounds like a good plan if its too small- does anyone know if there are any free shipping codes for LE or is that just LLBean.

BTW do you have a pic of dino, they don't show that one on the web site so I wasn't sure how it looked but they are available too- cute I'm sure!

Lucy

DD 3/03

houseof3boys
10-06-2004, 05:36 PM
No free ship for LE! I'll try to take a pic of Ryan in the dino tonight. :)

lerlerler
10-06-2004, 07:14 PM
if you click on the purple swatch, the pix of the dino pops up!