PDA

View Full Version : ? about the Hanna Playdress

mamaturk
10-06-2004, 10:58 PM
I just got DD's 1st playdress and I love it!!! Only thing is that it fits just right now... I have not washed it yet. Will it shrink a lot? Should I return it and go up a size? I'm afraid it'll be too big then..... What do you suggest... I can't wait for her to wear it!!! Thanks.

iluvmy2boys
10-06-2004, 10:59 PM
if it fits perfectly now, I'd return it and get the bigger size. They are meant to shrink and from what I've been told, they shrink quite a bit.

Good luck!

Niki_n_Abby
10-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd return it for the larger size. It will shrink quite a bit and really, if it fits perfectly now, it won't fit for long. My dd is about 32 inches and I got her an 80. It fit perfectly so I sent it back for a 90. The 90 is larger, but not so large that she can't wear it. I roll the sleeves and the leggings are fine because of the cuffs. She'll be able to wear it all fall/winter/spring and probably next fall.

HTH!
Niki

Ohio_Mom
10-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Here is a picture showing a size 70 navy playdress & leggings that DD has been wearing for a while next to a new, unwashed red size 70 that just arrived yesterday. You can see how much the leggings shrink, but I don't feel like the dress has shrunk as much as the leggings, but it still has shrunk some. HTH!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/ohiokitty/0c8d746b.jpg

--Suzanne

brigmaman
10-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Kelley, what size did you order? I'm guessing Reilly would be in an 80.

mamaturk
10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Oh my goodness!!! Thank you for showing that to me!!!! I just re-ordered the playdress in an 80. By the way, she has not worn her dress yet and I already am ready to order the white and red set. I love it!! I think this could become a problem.... oh well!

mamaturk
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I had ordered the 70 thinking it would be ok... size 80 is on its way now!!

Mommyto3
10-07-2004, 10:11 PM
ITA with everyone else...definitely get the 80...but don't be shocked when you see it, because it will look enormous..but will shrink. Even though I know this, I am shocked everytime I open a new play/day dress for my girls!! Let the play/day dress addiction begin!!! ;)

robmab719
10-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Thank you SO much for posting those pics! We just received our first playdress set today and, though I'd heard that they shrink, I wondered how much. And now I know!

LoveMyBabyBeans
10-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Whoa, that's alot of shrinkage. We just received our very first playdress and I got in a size 70, for Andie to grow into. She's easily in 60's now and can squeak into 50's. She'll be in 70's before I know it though. I'm going to wash the playdress up right away so I can guage how long it will be until it's fitting her nicely. I'd hate for it to hang in her closet looking big and then by the time I go to put it on her and then wash it, have it be too small. Thanks for posting that.