PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree returns/store credit question

rfeibelm
10-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok, so I went a little crazy with my 5 gymbucks (yes 5) and bought some things I now want to return. In my defense, I earned the gymbucks by signing up for gym classes, not by buying clothes. So, I was thinking of returning the clothes I don't want without a receipt and just getting store credit rather than worry about losing my gymbucks. Can I then use that store credit to buy online? There are some AWITW clothes that I still want but the store is out of. Anyone know?

NewDCMom
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
I went today and was slightly miffed when I came home and reviewed the receipt (upon realizing that one of the sleepers was WAY too narrow in the sleeves). From what I originally understood, the offer is $25 off a purchase of $50. However this is not true if you buy for a larger amount and then end up returning some. Example: I ended up buying items for $70 or so but then noticed that the Gymbucks were applied proportionally across each product (not applied as a one time discount in the end), THEN the receipt states that returns will reduce the value of your Gymbuck discount. This means that if I return a 19.50 dollar item (still leaving total purchase above $50) I will lose $7.28 in the discount. As a result a return (in my case at 19.50 value) will only net me $12 and change, since Gymboree reducing my $25 value by the discount applied to the returned item. I guess Gymboree does not want those incremental purchases. Next time I will be sure to leave the total at $50.01. I don't know if I'm answering your question, but it touched a nerve with me as this is the only retailer I have seen do this. Baby clothes shopping is inherently tricky (I certainly is not able to try on all outfits on my squirmy 4 month old in the store) I and would expect a baby store to be more "fair" and understanding when it comes to returns as long as you have fulfilled the initial purchase requirement. I apologize for rambling on. My guess would be that your store credit would be for the price less the Gymbucks discount, but dont take my word for it.

kaitlinsmommy
10-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Yes, it is frustrating that this is the way Gymbucks are applied. I actually encountered this at another store too. I'm sorry you went through this. I agree, it's best to keep your total as close to $50 as possible and make sure you want all the things you're getting. Otherwise, you could probably return the items "without" the receipt and just get regular store credit for the prices of the items. I don't know but that's what I've thought of before.