PDA

View Full Version : Do LL Bean coats run the same as LE?

AdoptChina
11-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Im looking at 2 LL Bean coats....one I want they have in Connor's size (2T), the other they only have a 3t. He currently wears a LE 2T coat (he doesnt have one, just tried on his friends for sizing)....we have a 3T LE but it is too big/long

hope this makes sense....been a crazy day lol

R2sweetboys
11-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi! I'm guessing that the 3T would be too big on him.(unless he's really big for his age) I don't have a LE and LLB in the same size to compare side by side but I do think their sizing is comparable. My son Matthew who is 4 months older than Connor has an L.L. Bean coat that is a 2T. He has plenty of room in it for the winter too. He's about 33 inches and 25 lbs. HTH
~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

AdoptChina
11-12-2004, 03:57 PM
thanks! Connor is about 31.5--32 inches and weighs around 25-26lbs.....good to know the 2T wont be too small :)

tbdw425
11-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Just ordered the Katahdin parka for my 30 month old son. He is tall for his age (37.75 inches - 89th percentile and 32.5 lbs. - 77th percentile (we just came from the dr. today!)). Anyway I ordered both the 4T and 3T for him. Ended up choosing the 4T. The 3T fit just right, but I did not think it left much room in the chest for layering (we live in NYC and when we go out we use a stroller and rarely are in a car) so I want to make sure we can layer. I will say however, the 4T arms are VERY long, I have had to roll them up. The 3T arms were also long, but not as long as 4T.

For my younger son I bought the LE squall in 18 mo. and the Katahdin in 18 month. They generally fit the same, but I liked the print in the LE coat, so I went that way. For whatever it is worth, I think the Katahdin seems a bit warmer, but I like the hood much better on LE (more of a real hood). I liked the wrists on the Squall better, the tight knitted wrists seems to keep the cold out better than just the elastic in the Katahdin. The Katahdin also seems a bit longer, which I thought would be good for long rides in the stroller, but maybe a bit confining while on the playground or in the snow.

That is my two cents for what it is worth.

AdoptChina
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks! Great comparison :) I was trying to win an LE parka on ebay, but it went up to $47 + shipping.....I can order a sport squall new for $54...so I may do that instead. DD has the parka but thw sport squall should be fine for my little guy