PDA

View Full Version : Help! My toddler needs jeans!

JenCA
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I want to get some jeans for Miss Julia, but the problem is that she can't wear pants that have a zipper/button closure because they tend to dig into her chubby tummy (so much for Baby Gap and Old Navy!). I would prefer a pull-on style with an elastic waist, and preferably a softer denim (nothing too stiff). Does anyone have any ideas? TIA! :)

ast96
11-14-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't know how you will feel about this, but I just got the topstitch denim pants from Hanna for my son, and I love them. They aren't "full length," but the 90s go down to his ankle, and they are soft and so cute. They're pull on -- nothing chafing. They are a nice denim with green and red stitching.

They have a little "cargo" look to them, but you could always try them and return them if you don't like them!

Allison
DS 06/02
DS 03/04

supersparkee
11-14-2004, 07:30 PM
I am on this quest as well because we are having the same problem! I got a pair of Old Navy jeans for Eva that I thought were really, really cute and soft (and cheap! ) but they are really tight around her waist. When I am putting them on her, it brings back memories of having to lay on the bed to zip your pants. So after wearing them only 3 times, we had to take them out of rotation :(

The only other jeans we have are the Gymboree HAS jeans. They don't have a button/zipper, they are just pull-on. They are a little stiffer than the Old Navy ones but after a few washings, they are getting softer. They run small, both width and length-wise. Eva wears mostly 12-18 in bottoms but I had to get 18-24 in these.

I thought about trying the butterfly denim pants from Naartjie but I keep getting lured by their cute knit pants and always forget about the jeans when I am placing an order. I'd like to get one other pair for this winter so let us know if you find any that work!

Momof3Labs
11-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Try the Cherokee jeans at Target - $5.99, and they pull on and are soft denim. We've been quite happy with them!

toomanystrollers
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Keep an eye on the sale items at Naartjie:

http://www.naartjie.homestead.com/saleitems/girlbabysaleitems.html

Naartjie pants are very generous - good for 'lil chubbas :) and have elastic waists (no zippers or snaps).

HTH

Kimberly H
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I second Lori's suggestion - we love the Target Cherokee jeans :)

mum to chloe
11-14-2004, 09:04 PM
I'd have to agree that Naartjie's the way to go. The denim is super soft, and the all-around elastic waistband is really generous.
One thing that you may want to keep in mind is that they often have contrast stitching. The new ones, with the fuchsia flower patches on the leg have fuchsia stitching. The Boho Scrunch ones have dark red stitching (sound weird but they're beautiful IRL-nice ruffle around the bottom), and the Neon stitch ones have more of a baggy hip hop fit (super cute) with neon pink stitching.
Can you tell I love their jeans? I've got a skinny minnie so I always size down, but the soft denim and cute styles keep me shopping there.
HTH!
Sue :)

lablover
11-14-2004, 10:19 PM
I third the Target suggestion - I had the hardest time finding jeans for my little guy - if the elastic didn't go all the way around they looked so uncomfortable on him. Gap, Old Navy, etc. just wouldn't work. These seem comfortable and they stay rolled up nice - which is key since all his pants are super long on him right now.

emmiem
11-14-2004, 11:17 PM
We have pull on jeans right now in my DD's closet. We have 2 pair from Gap, 1 from TCP, and 1 from Hanna Andersson. All are soft.
Michele

DebbieJ
11-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Another vote for the Cherokee jeans from Target.

And the bonus? They fit nicely over his fluffy CD butt.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

JenCA
11-15-2004, 11:26 PM
We bought the Cherokee jeans from Target, and they definitely seem to be more comfortable than other jeans we've tried. :)

lisams
11-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Yep, Target's Cherokee jeans are great. DD is super picky about fabrics and hates anything heavy or too constricting, but she absolutely loves her Target jeans. The back has elastic and the fabric is lighter than most.

Lisa

LucyG
11-16-2004, 07:45 AM
After reading this thread, I got some of the Cherokee jeans yesterday. They are really cute, and I think will work well for us. I actually got some from the boys section, as they didn't have any for girls in my DD's size. I plan to dress them up a little with her shirts, and I think they'll be fine.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
20 months and counting!