PDA

View Full Version : Jack & Lily show sizing; 6-12 or 12-18 month size? Big difference?

quikeye
11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi all, here am agonizing over choosing the right sized jack & lily for K... We had the 0-6 months, which I fell in love with but had stopped using since his feet got too big. So, he's almost 10 months now, and I wanted to order more for him, but I wanted to get some *expert* advice on this whole shoe thing!

His foot measures now 4.5" sitting-- J & L says the 6-12 will fit yup to 5" with 1/4" for room. That only leaves an extra 1/4" in the foor, figuring for "growth"/flat foot vs sitting foot. Since he's nearing 12 months, should I go ahead & get the 12-18 months instead (fit up to 5 1/4")... if they'll last longer/he has a huge growth in his shoe size? Do kids have a big spurt in their feet growth?

Unfortunately I don't have a local store to try on J & Ls, and we have little shoe experience (mainly use for coverups when we go out; inside we're barefoot). I'm sitting here staring at the ruler trying to discern the difference btw 5" & 5 1/4", and it doesn't seem that big of one-- but maybe it is when it comes to little feeties?

Any advice would be great (and would likely make me put this ruler away) :) I know I'm just projecting since I'm nervous about decking him out to meet the family for the holidays...

parkersmama
11-15-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure about the inches thing but Amy Grace wears a "real shoes" size 6 1/2 and is wearing J&Ls size 12-18mos with some growing room. She can still squeeze into a 6-12mos but with very thin socks and no growing room. HTH!

Saartje
11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
I have the 6-12 month size for Isaac. He measured 4 1/4 inches when I ordered them; they're still big now, but wearable nonetheless. (I just measured him at 4 3/8", as best I can tell.) Obviously, I don't have the same need you do to measure him standing, so YMMV, but I'd say to go with the 6-12 size. (Especially since that size does fit Isaac with growing room when he'd held upright on the floor to walk.)

heidi_timms
11-15-2004, 06:00 PM
My DD is wearing a size 5 in Striderite and her foot measures about 4 7/8-5 inches and she still has a small bit of growing room in her 6-12 month J&Ls. I would go for the 6-12 month size.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03