PDA

View Full Version : Can I return washed, unworn clothes to HA?

iujen94
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
I've read a lot on here about how great HA is about returns. I bought DS an outfit several months ago that I loved at the time but now I'm just lukewarm on. I washed it, but he hasn't worn it. Can I return this to HA (I still have my receipt)? Thanks for the advice!

AvasMama
11-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Nope. I think they will only take washed items in very specific circumstances. You would probably have good luck with the outfit on BBB Swap or eBay -- Hanna is very popular on both!

Robyn & Ava

AdoptChina
11-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Ive only returned washed items that were defective (hole, loose zipper etc). Im not sure what the policy is on washed items that arent damaged.....

Saartje
11-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Yes, I think you can return it. Their return policy says, "If you're not happy with any product, feel free to return it." So I think washed and unloved is all right -- after all, washed and doesn't fit is fine.

You can always call HA's 800 number and ask.

Mommyto3
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM
I was on the phone with cs a few weeks back and she told me to wash them up to make sure on size etc...I said "really, even if it's washed..you'll take it back?????!?!?!" and she said 'yes..no problem'

It makes it a lot easier..lots of times I have things sit here, and I'm not sure about the size or if I like it, but I'm afraid to throw the bag away, much less wash them..but this makes shopping at Hanna even nicer!

so, go return/exchange whatever!!

mamaturk
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Yup, they do take back washed items! I just got DD the bunting and after I washed it, I didn't think it would fit all winter ...so I called them and they are sending me one in a different size. Such a great policy!!

kensjen
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
They will let you return just about anything. They have wonderful customer service, and really just want you to be happy. I would not hesitate to return it if I were you.

stella
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM
They might take it back, but I (emphasis on I) would not try to return something that had been washed.

I really don't mean to offend - I have thought about this a lot and I just really would not feel right about sending them something that they can't re-sell unless the item was flawed in some way.

I have the same reaction when I see posts about returning items (unwashed/unworn) after 6 months or so have gone by - I would just feel like I was taking advantage of a very generous policy.

But I'm apparently extreme - and in the minority!!

suribear
11-15-2004, 11:39 PM
You're paying more for HA clothes in part to allow for their generous return policy, so if it hasn't been worn or if you try it out and it doesn't work, go ahead and return it!
A lot of their clothes are designed to shrink a lot the first time, so I bought a size 90 playdress when I should have bought a 100, but I didn't realize it until I washed it. It was obvious that DD needed the next size up and they took it back with no problem!

Landsend is the same way, so I buy from these places with confidence.

Kris

janinegillot
11-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I was talking to a SA recently about this topic because my sister wanted to return something that she had hoped would shrink when she washed it. So I asked if they'd be able to resell it at the outlet (I felt bad) and she said no, that they would donate it to a women's charity. I then said how guilty I would feel returning the item and she said that they take this all into account when they set their prices.
Janine

Melanie
11-16-2004, 06:24 PM
>I really don't mean to offend - I have thought about this a
>lot and I just really would not feel right about sending them
>something that they can't re-sell unless the item was flawed
>in some way.

I would feel that way if I bought something, and washed it and there was no problem, I'd just changed my mind. I would probably take it to eBay then. However, I recently bought something from them in the same size I always do, and it was sized very differently. So I washed it a couple of times and it was still enormous. I had no qualms sending it back and just let them know I felt it was not sized appropriately. On a rare occasion, I've seen notations on their products (online) that "customers are telling us this runs...." though never the ones I've suggested!

>I have the same reaction when I see posts about returning
>items (unwashed/unworn) after 6 months or so have gone by - I
>would just feel like I was taking advantage of a very generous
>policy.

I see your point there...when you return it they will no longer be able to sell it at full price. I think that is one reason Target made such a 180 on their return policies. They were WAY too loose before, and now they are impossible!

stella
11-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Absolutely - I would never hesitate to return something that was mis-sized and had been washed or worn.

My only hangup is that if I bought it and changed my mind about whether I really liked it and I had washed it or my child wore it, I would not send it back.

I have a whole box full of unwashed, unworn Hanna that is going back as soon as I can make it to the post office because although I bought all the same sizes, some items were too big for me and others were too small.

Or if it didn't hold up well - I would consider that flawed (especially from Hanna) and I would return it.

I guess they do factor returns into their prices and it does make me feel good that they are donated to poor children, and I know that us not abusing their policy is not going to lower prices - funny how it never works out that way!

But I wouldn't feel good about it and it's not a decision I would make. Obviously if the CS will gladly accept it, then that answers the question.