PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Clothes Styles

Raidra
11-15-2004, 04:46 PM
I bought Colwyn a Christmas outfit a few months back as it was a great deal. It's black cords and a green velour shirt with a big cute Rudolph-head on the front.

Now that we're nearing Christmas, I'm torn over whether I want him to wear that or something more big-boyish. Normally, he wears big boy clothes like jeans and striped shirts, etc. But he does have a few cutesy outfits from LeTop and whatnot.

So, how do you dress your kids for Christmas? Do you pick grownup-looking outfits, or cutesy clothes with characters on them?

Thanks!

malie
11-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Do you only do things on Christmas or both Christmas and Christmas Eve, do you have any holiday events to go to. If you have more than one even to go to and you want something more grown up then you could buy use a different shirt for one event and the green shirt for another.

Personally Luke's clothing is a mixture of stuff but hey I'm the woman who makes DH wear socks with reindeer on them on Christmas day and who has a "Christmas vest" with bells on it which I usually wear CHristmas eve

It's not like you are asking a 16 year old to dress in the shirt (and personally if a 16 year old wanted to then who cares).

In the end it doesn't matter what others do but what works for your family. Last year Luke wore one outfit to Church and another during the day and also for part of the day a santa outfit that his grandmother purchased for him (just goes to show that a 6 month old has no say in his clothing choices).

This year I'm not sure what I'm doing (I have a shirt that has a vest with it that I got on sale last year from $2.00 that will fit and I have a gymboree sweater but neither them are really "grown up" nor really baby sort of in the middle

vikivoly
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I say go for it. When else in his life is he going to be able to wear a shirt with a big cute Rudolph on it?

BTW, I have girls, but we're wearing dressy dresses.