PDA

View Full Version : Gap Socks vs Old Navy Socks

Mabster
11-15-2004, 09:13 PM
I've become a recent convert to Gap Triple Roll socks. I was wondering how they compare quality wise to Old Navy? Since the were a little cheaper I thought maybe I'd stock up on socks there if they are about the same. Just curious - Thanks!

JFC
11-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I really think they are the same socks. We haven't found any difference, and they are a lot less - 8 for $10 when we went to ON this weekend.

Mommie2MadLyn
11-15-2004, 09:30 PM
I have never noticed any difference either. We buy a lot of DD's socks at TCP also. I think they are the same quality too and cheaper than Gap.

iluvmy2boys
11-15-2004, 09:54 PM
hmmm I may have to try ON socks then!!

Don't they have cuffed socks as opposed to triple roll socks? I may have to check those out - I HATE triple roll socks but I like the thickness of Gap's socks!

Joshuasmommy
11-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Yes, Old Navy are just cuffed socks which I prefer. I just dont' care for the triple roll socks.

lctippins
11-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Hmmm... Maybe Old Navy makes different types/thicknesses of socks. I bought 7 prs for $10 a few months ago, and they are noticeably thinner than the triple roll socks I bought from Gap. I do prefer the single cuff over the triple roll though.

Lisa - Mom to Kendall 6/6/03

tbdw425
11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Old Navy socks are much thinner.

lablover
11-16-2004, 09:16 AM
I bought several single cuff socks at Old Navy a month ago and then I was at the Old Navy Outlet and bought several more - turns out the ones at the outlet were triple roll, which I didn't realize until I got home. The triple roll do seem a bit thinner.

hcsl
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
As most probably know, Gap, Banana Republic adn Old Navy are all owned by the same company. When their fabric is made and 'combed', BR gets the first part which is smoother and nicer, Gap gets the second cut and Old navy gets the leftovers. This is a very lay description, but I hope it makes sense. So while the cloth originally came from the same places, the quality isn't the same.

Momof3Labs
11-16-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't think that ON socks are quite as nice as Gap, but they are still nice and well worth the price. I like TCP socks, too, and find them closer to Gap quality than ON quality. But I'd buy from any of the three - all have worked well for us!

Mabster
11-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies! I like the Gap Triple ROll socks b/c of the thickness, and I don't always roll them so the triple roll works well as a knee sock & keeps my DD's legs a little warmer when her pants ride up and it's harder for her to pull them off that way too. I think based on your comments I'm going to stick with the Gap socks, but I may check TCP socks too. Thanks again!