PDA

View Full Version : Why does Hanna ship so fast and other complaints.. grr.

papal
11-16-2004, 08:55 AM
So i ordered a bunch of stuff using a gift-cert last night at 11.30. This morning, a friend of mine wanted to buy some stuff too, so I said I will call Hanna and just add it to my order (to save shipping) and they had already shipped it out!!! grr.
They really should have a 24 hour wait period so we can think things over at night and add or remove things from our late-night-insomniac purchases. grr.

Oh, another thing... i used a gift cert (it was for $94.00) and bought stuff for ($124).. so i assume they will charge my visa $30. But what do they do? They charge my visa the entire $124.00. This is a problem!!! It is a check card and I only keep a very minimal amount in my checking account (usually $100).. this is my mad money account... so it goes NEGATIVE. Now my bank is going to charge me all sorts of fees. grr.
I have never heard of a gift cert like this before! grr.

ETA!! Grr.. i JUST updated my avatar after it was lost last week. It is missing again. grr.

steph2003
11-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Rashmi -
the same thing has happened to me. Wanted to call & add a couple more items but nope it already shipped!!! which is great if you need something right away....

don't know what is up with charging your VISA the entire amount though. That stinks!

and someone must be stealing avatars around here cause mine was missing again too :)

mum to chloe
11-16-2004, 10:43 AM
You sound just like a little tiger (please don't growl at me!)
Totally sucks about the gift certificate, I'd call them and explain that you need that fixed right away, and then call your bank so that you don't get charged, explain that Hanna messed up, Yuck.
Good luck!
Sue :)

Melanie
11-16-2004, 06:29 PM
That makes no sense! Why or how can they charge your visa if you had a gift certificate? Is it a trust thing, like you are supposed to mail it in to them or is it a code?

Didn't they offer to ship the other items for free? I think I've had them do that...along with a "just this one time..." warning.

papal
11-16-2004, 07:12 PM
It is a code that you enter when you check-out. I got an email that said that a customer service rep will first verify the code and then re-imburse my visa.. that is their policy. Whatever.
No, they didn't offer to ship for free. :(
I did say (like I always do) that their shipping is prohibitive.. like $12 to ship to the east coast.. c'mon!!

Anyway, i think I am done with Hanna for a couple of months... unless those Cafe Pants are the best thing since sliced bread. heehee.

dules
11-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Oh I would be really angry about the gift certificate. If I were you I'd keep complaining till they give you free shipping or a % off your next order (better than our codes).

Funny, for me it takes 2-3 days for stuff to ship, and I'm also on the East Coast. Wonder what I'm doing wrong??? I'm always impatiently awaiting my "shipped" email!

Best,
Mary

McQ
11-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Now that's just stupid. They can do an authorization on your visa without charging it while they verify your GC. And when I used my CC and a GC the only transaction that showed up on my CC was the balance owed - not a debit/credit, just one charge. Call them and tell them they need to fix this.

And speaking of charges - I just checked my account online and Kecci charged me on Friday for the bags. I then ran to call that girl back who called me this morning to get my CC Info again so she wouldn't charge me twice. Grr!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

kcimato
11-17-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm in VA which boarders on KY where Hanna is shhipped from. It also takes a while for them to ship my things. Here's a good one also. I had 2 orders one for about $90 and the shipping was $12. The package weighed 2 lbs. I also ordered a Kinderzeat the next day and it cost only $10 to ship that 17 lbs chair! Go figure.

Saartje
11-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Call and complain until they get that charge fixed. They should also be the ones to fix the situation with your bank fees. That is in no way a reasonable policy, and you shouldn't be the one to pay for it. If one person can't help you, ask to speak to their supervisor.

papal
11-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, I called my bank this morning and told them the truth about what happened... at the time when it went negative, i tried to transfer funds from our normal account to mad money account but the online transfer was not working. Since it was not working, they said they would refund the going-negative fee. So at least I don't have to pay $17 for going negative! That would have really ticked me off. I should email Hanna saying that their policy is ridiculous though.

cinrein
11-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Rashmi,

I would still complain to Hanna. You only got saved the $17 fee cuz you bank transfer happened to be not working. I say it's still Hannas fault and she very nearly cost you $17 for no good reason.

This should teach you a lesson for ordering without first checking with the girls. ;) You know we're always willing and able to help with shipping fees.

Cindy and Anna February 2003