PDA

View Full Version : Robeez question

dowlinal
11-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Is there anyway to stretch out the elastic that goes around the ankle? Madeline's 6-12 month ones still fit her foot with quite a bit of room, but they are starting to leave marks on her ankles. I'm hoping that there is someway to stretch them out because I just paid a fortune for a pair of the snowmen ones on ebay and would really like to be able to use them.

TIA!

ellies mom
11-16-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm looking at my daughter's and I don't see any reason why you couldn't replace the elastic. I would get elastic similer in size (this might be the hardest part). Then I'd put two pins in the elastic (right next to each other. I'd cut between the two. Then hand sew the new elastic to the old elastic and pull it through (you may want a pin or sometime at the new end to keep it from going through also. Once you have the new elastic all the way though, sew the ends together and work the seam into the back part of the shoe. See, nothing to it. ;)

ETA You maybe could get someone at an alterations place to do it also. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

dowlinal
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
This is why I love this board. As soon as I read your post I felt like an idiot because it's such an obvious answer and I totally missed it. Can anyone say mommy brain? Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

ellies mom
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
And right after I posted I realized an possible easier solution. You could also just insert a bit of elastic. My mommy brain thinks the new piece should be about an inch longer than you want for a 1/4" seam allowances (you have to make up for the allowance of the original elastic too). Good luck.