PDA

View Full Version : Could these be a potential choking hazard? picture of shoes included...

steph2003
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
I have some of these booties from Target. The tie that holds the plastic clip in the back came undone/broke & I found the plastic clip on my DS's bedroom floor.

I wanted to order more from Fussyboy in different colors as they are fleece & keep my DS's feet warm over socks around the house. But I'm concerned the same thing will happen. What do you think? Maybe I'm overthinking it but it really freaked me out one day when I noticed his slipper was missing its plastic clip as the string had worn apart. Fortunately I found it on his bedroom floor but I hate to think what would happen if he had found it before me & stuck in his mouth!

We have Robeez/Shoo-shoos for going out & about & "school" but these are warm & soft for around the house over socks.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17027.jpg

sadie427
11-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a choking hazard to me. Also someone had posted previously a concern about another style of Target slippers--the Hanna slipper-sock look-alikes. I did pick up a pair of slippers there w/ no hardwear--they are nice soft terry-like material with a leather or synthetic footpad. They stay on with elastic that can't come out. They seem good, and there is nothing that could come off.

R2sweetboys
11-17-2004, 12:56 AM
That definitely could be a choking hazard. You were fortunate enough to find it before your son did, but the next family may not. If I were you, I would report this to Target and to the manufacturer. If a lot of people complain about this same problem, they may even do a recall.(this is probably how a lot of recalls start) I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion at all. The company will hopefully take a look at it and act accordingly. It can't hurt to let them know.

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

steph2003
11-17-2004, 08:06 AM
I think I will take it back to Target. I guess I kinda wanted to make sure I wasn't being a crazy mama bear :) I was wondering too if the Fussyboy ones would be of better quality then Target but now I guess I'm nervous to order this style seeing as what happened with the Target ones.