PDA

View Full Version : need advice please....

mysweetboy
11-16-2004, 12:41 PM
I bought the Gymboree Reindeer overalls and sweater bodysuit (in 6-9 mo) for Charlie to wear during the holidays and for pictures. I would like to get his pics taken soon so we'd have them by Christmas but right now the overalls are just too big. At his 6 month appt last week, he was 15 lbs 6 oz, 27 in. So they really bunch up around him and are still a tad long. I know that 3-6 mo would probably work for the pics but definitely wouldn't make it until Christmas.

What would you do? Would you wait until closer to Christmas to get the pics taken and not worry about having them by Christmas? I plan to take his picture myself for holiday cards, so it's not an issue to have them for that. I just hoped to have them to bring to family when we travel during the holidays.

Thanks!
Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

steph2003
11-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I'd keep the bigger size - they just grow so fast & of course you want him to wear it up until Christmas & maybe beyond. As for pictures it really depends on what studio or photographer you take him to. I know a lot of people use Picture People & I think their turn around time is relatively fast. I have not used them but use another local studio by my house & they have the actual prints for pick up 2 or 3 days later. HTH!

jayali
11-16-2004, 01:52 PM
I have the same problem for Matthew. He was 16.5 pounds and 27 inches at 6 months. I usually go with the bigger size and did for most of his holiday stuff. I will say that I did purchase an outfit that will probably not make it to Christmas for his pictures because we are taking them this weekend. I know it was a complete waste of money, but I really was afraid to wait too long to have the pictures done. I say keep the bigger size and wait as long as you feel comfortable to take the picture.

Also, sometimes I try to "tuck" the bottom of the overall bib into the "waist band" at the bottom of the bib when he is sitting down. That usually helps with bunch-ups when he is sitting.

Good luck, btw I love your choice of holiday outfits.