PDA

View Full Version : L.L. Bean Sizing (Blanket Sleepers)

Mabster
11-18-2004, 09:42 AM
I bought a couple of blanket sleepers from clearance last year, and now I'm wondering if they are going to fit at all. I haven't opened up the packaging b/c I'm thinking it will be easier to return if it's intact. DD is about 8 pounds, but 30.5" long. Weight-wise she's on the upper limit of 3-6 month sizing (14-18 lbs.), but height wise she is in the 12-18 month size (29.5-32"). I bought her 12 month sizes, which run 19-22 lbs. and 27.5-29". In your experience, how have the LL Bean sizes run? Should I stick with the 12 month sizes or switch up to 18 month? If I keep the 12 month I fully know she will not make it through the entire winter. When she was small I only had 3-6 moth sizes and she swam in them, so I'd prefer to have a sleeper that fits her properly.

Now that I think of it, will Bean accept a return on something I bought 8 months ago?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

dules
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I got the 18 month size for Sophie, who's 11 1/2 months, about 30 inches and 21 lbs. They fit her well with enough room to put lightweight layers (zipper or longjohns) underneath. I suspect they will not make it through the entire winter though.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mary

P.S. I think Bean has a guaranteed, period type guarantee - you have to be happy, no matter how long ago you purchased them.

macassi
11-18-2004, 11:23 AM
My LL Bean sleepers are about 5.5 years old, so I'm not sure if the sizing has changed, but I think they are running a bit small. I have 2 LL Bean size 18 month sleepers and 2 Carters blanket sleepers, and Abbie could wear the LL Bean much sooner than the Carters and her feet kept coming out of the Carters but would stay in the LL Bean. Also, I think the LL Bean is a trimmer fit than the Carters. Abbie is also about 30" and weighs about 20 pounds, and she can still fit in the LL Bean with a zipper underneath, but she has more growing room in the Carters. I can say that the LL Bean have held up really well and are on their 3rd kid.

I believe LL Bean has a guaranteed return policy as well and something that is 8 months old won't be an issue. I would personally take a sleeper out and try it on her, though, as fleece doesn't shrink much and they aren't going to not take it back just because you've tried it on your daughter.

cinrein
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
I know for a fact that LLB accepts old returns. I've returned things months later. I think you can carefully take it out of the package, try in on your DD, then put it back if you think it won't work.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

Momof3Labs
11-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Can't speak to LL Bean specifically, but I also have a tall, skinny kiddo. I have to buy based on his height or things just won't fit him. With footed sleepers, there's a lot of margin for error on weight, but too short is too short. And it sounds like your babe is too tall for the 12 month size.

samwyatt
11-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Hi~

I've worked for LL Bean CS for the last 8 years...(not working now w/ the new baby) so, I can say, YES, they will take it back no problem. But... their children's clothing generally runs very generous. No need to worry about taking it out of the package... etc... They will take it back.

HTH!
Amber