PDA

View Full Version : Mitten Clips

SunshineWedding
11-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Where can I find the clips on a string that keep little ones mittens from being lost - we're on our second set of mittens already!!!! I feel as though I've looked everywhere and can't find them. Do they still make them? TIA

AbbieF
11-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Just found some on Kidsurplus at $1.99 each!
http://www.kidsurplus.com/swy9702u7.html

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

jadamom
11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
I found them last year at a resale shop called Once Upon a Child. They were new.

nohomama
11-21-2004, 10:50 AM
I made some for Lola when she was one. You can find the clips at JoAnn Fabrics, Hancocks, or any fabric store with sewing notions. I have a machine but you can hand sew these easily enough even if, in Sonia's words, you're craptastic at sewing.

Rather than string, I used a 6" piece of 1/2" wide elastic. To do it this way, you'll need two sets of clips (one set for each mitten) and some elastic. If your child is older (and less likey to wrap something around their neck) you can use just one set of clips and sew one clip on each end of a long piece of sturdy ribbon that you thread through the sleeves on their coat. Either way they work great, are cheap to make, and you don't have to pay shipping.

teddy
11-21-2004, 11:16 PM
I just bought some at Nordstrom for $2. They are the alligator clips on both ends of an elastic. They were at the display near the register in the toddler section.

SunshineWedding
11-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Thank you ladies for all of your suggestions!!