PDA

View Full Version : Very annoyed with online Gymboree

Samraelanelevi
11-21-2004, 01:15 PM
I went to place my order yesterday online and the site was of course having problems which is typical of them during a sale. It was after hours and I tried calling their phone number numerous times and it was busy everytime. Well finally my order went through and I hit the complete button. Then realized that some of my purcahses were no longer on there and I would end up paying shipping costs! I purposely ordered extra items to insure the free shipping. So I tried to call a few more times and got a busy signal everytime. I emailed them right away and said I needed to cancel the order. I emailed them at two separate spots.

I then proceeded to order again with the right items and got the free shipping (I was afraid to wait until today for some items in case the sizes would be sold out).

Now today I get an email saying they cannot cancel or change the order as it's all set to ship! What? It's Sunday and there is no way they can ship it today-can't they just stop it? They said I can refuse shipment and get a refund minus the shipping for the order. Does that mean shipping back too? What if I am not home?

I emailed them back and told them how disappointed I am and that it was b/c of the site's problems (which I told them originally). Now if I am not home when the shipment arrives then I am going to be stuck with 2 of many of the items and paying shipping to return them! The email said I can return to a retail store-well if there was one near by I wouldn't be ordering online in the first place!

Well I guess this is the last of my Gymboree orders! I refuse to order from them if they cannot do anything to help me. They know their site has problems-I've talked with CS before during sales when this happens and they always say stuff about the site going down during sales. I have placed many orders with them and spent tons of money there-you'd think they would try to be more helpful.

ETA It says at the bottom of the site to cancel an order call within one hour of placing the order, well if no one answers then how can you do that and wouldn't an email be pretty much the same? I emailed within 10 minutes of placing it.