PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree WOW Sale- day after Thanksgiving

sweetbasil
11-21-2004, 08:03 PM
While checking out at a local (Houston) Gymbo B&M yesterday, I received a postcard for their WOW sale--- the sales associate said that it will be huge, because corporate won't tell a word about how it's going to work, and they only keep secrets like that when it's a super big sale. The WOW Sale is on the day after Thanksgiving, and lasts from 8am-12noon. I'd guess they'll still have sales through the rest of the day, but not WOW-big.

I couldn't find any other posts on it with a search, so I hope that's not totally useless/redundant info :D

stella
11-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Actually, may I blame you all for a moment?

I was just thinking the other day how Anna had plenty of clothes. Yep - plenty. So then I read all the hoopla about Gymboree's new lines, but hold out because, frankly, they didn't look that cute.

And then I started seeing all the adorable baby pictures in their new gymbo. And then I started reading posts about birthday dresses and Anna is turning two on Thanksgiving and her party is on Sunday and it occurred to me that she has nothing extra-special to wear. Just because some things still havethe tags on does not mean that they are extra-special enough to be "the birthday dress."

So I saw Amy Grace in the pink and brown striped knit and decided that would be the birthday dress. And was it Ella Paige in the pink ribbon tee with the giraffe pants? Or did Amy Grace have that one as well? I'm pretty sure it was Ella Paige who sold us on the grr tee with the "cozy" grey pants. And also the adorable fringed sweater.

I am such a sucker. So my basket was full (have to shop online as we have no gymboree here) and with my COF discount, it was less than $100, which was needed to get free shipping, which is when I had to throw in the sweater just to get my money's worth.

It's my first-ever online purchase from gymboree. I hope it gets here before Sunday for the party. Will it ship USPS or UPS? Anybody know??

Sigh, thanks for all the adorable photos, ladies. Now off to watch desperate housewives!!

AvasMama
11-21-2004, 08:39 PM
They ship FedEx and it's pretty fast, usually two or three days.
Robyn & Ava

urbanmama
11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Claire,

LOL! I'm glad that we could "help" }( ! Seriously, I'm sure you'll love everything you bought!! You'll have to share pics of Anna in her clothes.

tadylkat
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
How big is big? Are we talking 50% off everything and Gymbucks? I hope whatever it is happens to be online as well.... we are going to be in So. California for the holiday and I would hate to drag the kiddos to the mall on Black Friday for naught. Maybe our resident Gymbo employee can give us the inside scoop the night before!

mamahill
11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Do you have to have the postcard to get the discount? I don't know that I'll be in a Gymbo before then, but I just might *need* to see if it applies to their Monkey line...

sumertime
11-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok, I hope I'm getting this right. All of my info came from gymborebel and there's some conflicting info on there. I'm pretty sure that on black friday, from 8-12, there will be an additional 30% sale items only. After that, it will be 20% off. Gymbucks start tomorrow. The kicker is that I think the additional 20% off starts tomorrow with Gymbucks, too, not just on black friday. (But people who don't normally shop at Gymbo won't know that the sale has already been going on.) I think you can also go in on Wednesday and do holds and pick them up on Friday since they are closed Thursday. Does that make any sense?

ETA: I also think that you can get the 20% off online (I'm not sure about any codes, though) and there is free shipping with $75 purchase

deborah_r
11-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Good question....does anyone know if anyone can just go, or do we need to ahve some invitation or another?

leeming
11-23-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm pretty sure you can just go, no invitation needed.

jerseygirl
11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
I was in one today and it's 20% off sale items only.

Maritess