PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Need tights that fit!

jennifer_r
11-22-2004, 05:10 PM
I know there's been posts about this topic before but I did a search and I can't seem to find one. Anyway, my daughter is 3 months,and is currently wearing 3-6 months. She is long, almost 24 inches and weighs about 13 lbs. I want to find white tights that are not baggy on her around the ankles/feet and that are preferably thicker, sweaterlike or at least cotton (not the microfiber ones). The Gap only had lavender tights, targets were huge (but those were the microfiber) and TCP were better but still a little big. I heard that Gymbo tights aren't the best quality. I've heard alot about Hanna but I hate to spend $18 plus shipping on one pair of tights. I'm putting off getting her holiday picture until I find a good pair.

TIA

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

AvasMama
11-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I like the Old Navy ones -- they are thick and sweaterlike and they have a little lycra so they fit pretty well. My favorite is Hanna, though, especially for young babies since they fit so well and come in small sizes, whereas ON, Target, Gap, etc. tights generally come in 0-6 or 0-9 months sizes, which can be baggy on little babies.

Robyn & Ava

dules
11-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Buy two from Hanna for a discount, plus 20% off for a few more hours...no help I know! But I agree with Robyn, Hanna tights are nice for that size as they actually make the smaller sizes.

Best,
Mary

jvbucks
11-22-2004, 07:20 PM
I also like Old Navy. I think my DD was similar in size to yours last year about this time and she wore the Old Navy one's just fine. At $5, you really can't go wrong!

kwc
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM
DD wore the LandsEnd cotton tights wtihout too much bagginess when she was in 3-6 month clothing, and they are much cheaper than the Hanna's, I think around $8.

Karen

jennifer_r
11-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! I went to Old Navy today and picked up a couple of pairs of tights and they seem to work much better. Still a tiny bit loose around the ankle but I'm thinking maybe they'll shrink a bit when I wash & dry them. Besides, if I put shoes on her that would cover up any excess.

By the way, her holiday dress is the Hanna snowflake knockoff at TJMaxx.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04