PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree price adjustment question

LucyG
11-23-2004, 06:41 AM
If I bought something from Apres Ski during COF on Saturday, can I get a price adjustment on it during the WOW sale? AS is now marked down 20%, plus it is further on sale with WOW. If I can get a PA, do I just take my receipt to any Gymbo? Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
20 months and counting!

SteelerFan
11-23-2004, 07:20 AM
I'd like to know this as well as I just ordered stuff from the Reindeer line for my son for XMas and it's marked down a LOT! The Sweater that I bought him at $30 is now on sale for $19.99 with the WOW sale! So if the on-line prices already show this reduction, when are we allowed to go for a price adjustment?

Amy

urbanmama
11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Technically, no. Items bought during COF are not eligible for price adjustments.

However, I know that some stores really follow the rules and others will give you the price adjustment, so you'll have to call ahead and check.

Otherwise, your only option is to buy the item again (if it is still available) and return the other one.

vsmommy123
11-23-2004, 12:24 PM
I am so tired of this game that they play at Gymboree! I just bought so much stuff w/ the 30% over the weekend and now it's actually even less because they put it on sale yesterday. Well if they don't want to do all the work w/ price adjustments and returns they should just stop playing this game! AAAGGGHHH!!!

MeredithsMom
11-23-2004, 01:29 PM
I hear you!

I am new to Gymboree and thought I was getting such great deals over the weekend. The stuff I ordered online is scheduled to arrive today, and already they are less than they would be with the 30% COF coupon.

Question:

If I return the items I purchased online, I'll receive full credit, right? Then I could turn around and buy the on-sale items now. ARGH!!!!

vsmommy123
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
I had stayed away from Gymboree for a while because I a) refuse to pay full retail for it and b) I could never figure out the whole sale thing. Now I have somewhat of an idea for their sale thing, but it's soooooooo annoying. I wish they would get their policies straight (different from store to store), and just have lower prices in the first place. I think I'm pretty done w/ them for a while. At least until my oldest DD's bday in Jan, when I'm sure I'll have more returns (IMHO)etc. to deal w/!

vsmommy123
11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I would contact Gymbo customer service re a price adjustment when your order arrives. They should be able to do it w/o you having to ship stuff back, etc. At least they'd better!

malie
11-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Contact customer service. Technically for an online purchase to get a PA you need to send back your receipt within 14 days for a one time only PA.

When you use a COF you can't get a PA for prior sales meaning if I purchased something the day before COF I can't go in the next day with my receipt and get 30% off. However there is nothing on the fine print of the coupon that says that you can't get a PA later.

And the back of the online receipt states we offer a one time PA on any item.

What you won't get is 30% off on top of the sale price or if you have a gymbovisa card you won't get an additional 5% off the current price either but you should be able to get the price adjustment for things you purchased online

There is nothing in the fine print of the WOW email that says that prior sales are excluded

"Online prices reflect discount. Sale valid for a limited time only. Offer valid for 20% off all previously reduced merchandise. In stores, the discount will be taken at register.. Valid at all US and Canada Gymboree retail locations and online at www.gymboree.com. Discount is not valid at Gymboree Play & Music locations or Gymboree Outlets. Not valid toward gift certificate purchases or in combination with any other discounts. May not be combined with any other discounts or promotions, other than Gymboree Visa® discount and enrollment bonus. Gymboree shall determine the order of applying discounts and enrollment bonus at its sole discretion. Gymboree reserves the right to change this promotion at any time. Offer void where prohibited by law."

If there had been then you would not be able to get a PA but since that line does not exist you should be able to

In the end the key to a PA is the line PRIOR SALES EXCLUDED. so while you can't get a PA during COF for something purchased before COF you can get a PA on something purchased during COF after COF is over (hope that statement isn't too confusing)

One final note. You will not of course earn gymbucks. If you wanted those you would in fact have to return and rebuy

MeredithsMom
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks so much for such a detailed reply. I may actually be returning some stuff anyway b/c I finally gave in and got some Janie and Jack stuff I'd wanted!!!

MeredithsMom
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks so much for such a detailed reply. I may actually be returning some stuff anyway b/c I finally gave in and got some Janie and Jack stuff I'd wanted!!!