PDA

View Full Version : Need newborn sized clothes. Where to find online?

helaina
11-23-2004, 07:53 PM
None of the 0-3 clothes fit my newborn boy. I need to order him some clothes online but can't find any "newborn" sizes. Does anyone know where I can find some that aren't too expensive? Just some pajamas, nothing fancy. Everyone told me not to buy "newborn" sized because they would be too small (we were expecting a big baby), but my 7lb baby swims in the 0-3 sizes I bought, and all I'd bought before he was born is 0-3 and 3-6. I'm exhausted and desperate. Will appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance!

slknight
11-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Hmm. I always thought that newborn and 0-3 were the same thing. I think if you want smaller than that, you need a preemie size. How old is your DS? Because even though the 0-3 may seem huge right now, they grow sooo quickly. There's a growth spurt at 10 days, and then at 3 weeks, I believe. So by the time you order them and get them shipped, they might be too small. I think I would probably save my money and just roll up the sleeves. Congratulations!

HHCs Mom
11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
My 7lb 4oz baby was swimming in 0-3 month sizes, too, but I just rolled up the sleeves for a week or so. Don't worry, your new little one will fill up and grow out of those clothes before you know it! :-)

Kim
~Harrison~ 04.06.04

deborah_r
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with Susan. It's such a short period of time you are looking at, I don't think you really need to buy special clothes for this period. If you do want to, I guess you should buy some preemie outfits.

Maybe get some gowns to wear for a few weeks until he grows into the other stuff. Gowns can be too big and not be a problem. Some people don't like the gowns, I liked them in the first month or so. But I had a late spring baby in So. Cal, so I don't know if gowns are warm enough for where you are. You could also try a sleep sack for a good part of the day, should be enough room in the sleepsack for him to move his legs around sufficiently.

Oh, and for the smaller sizes, I found buying t-shirts and gowns and sleepers in those sections of Target or Walmart or BRU that have multiples in one bag to be an economical way to buy them. I had some Fisher-Price gowns that were my favorite, bought at Baby Depot.

ETA: I often see preemie sizes on the clearance racks...

ett
11-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Just agreeing with the other posters. The 0-3 month sizes may be big now but he'll grow into them really soon. Babies grow so quickly in the first months. Before you know it, he'll have outgrown his 0-3 months clothes. DS was 7lbs at birth and outgrew his 0-3 month clothes in 1 month. If you want some preemie size clothes, I would buy them in a B&M store and not online. I know Gap has preemie size clothes, as does Little Me.

Momof3Labs
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Wal-Mart carries a preemie size, but they probably won't fit your babe for more than a week or so. I agree that gowns are a great way to go now - we used them for a good month, and they were great because there were no legs for Colin to always get tangled in!

ginamlee
11-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Go to www.gap.com ! Seriously, their stuff for "preemies" is the most awesome stuff ever. My daughter wore Gap preemie and newborn stuff for her first couple of months. They seem to size things so much better than other brands for the really "new" ones! ;) Shop their sale link!

KBecks
11-24-2004, 09:26 AM
I had the same issue, but bought a few newborn sleepers at a resale shop. The newborn sizes at Walmart are as big as my 0-3 month clothes, so be sure to look at anything tagged newborn to make sure it is on the smaller side.

The Target Circo brand sleepers were a great size for my 6.5 pound guy. I got those at the resale shop though, so I don't know if they're still available.

My little guy is now 9.5 pounds. He still fits in the newbie sizes but he's on the verge of outgrowing them.