PDA

View Full Version : Got some Hanna gifts--opinions?

lmintzer
11-24-2004, 05:46 PM
I was lucky enough to get some Hanna gifts as presents for Joshua's 1st birthday. Just wanted to get some of you Hanna experts' opinions on what you think of the colors.

Chicka Chicka romper (looked "girlish" in the catalog but not really in person). Okay for a 1
year-old boy?

Love-a-Bug jacket in red, turtle suit in light blue (blue star?), and pants in red. What do
you think of the red on a boy? Also, it seems like a lot of red between the jacket and
the pants. Of course, we'll be taking the jacket off inside, and I think the blue turtle
suit and red pants make a cute outfit by themselves. I was thinking about ordering the
striped turtle suit as an additional item to wear with the pants. Or should I go ahead
and switch out either the pants or the jacket for a different color?

Sizing question: we were given 70s for Joshua. He is a tiny guy for 12 months (19 lbs., 28 1/2 inches). So the 70s are good for now according to Hanna sizing. I'm wondering how much use we'll get out of them. The 80's start at 30 inches, though, so I'm thinking they'll be use. We also got the Dala horse sweater in an 80 from a friend and definitely will have to exchange for the 70. It's almost like a dress on him. But a very nice gift, no?

I COULD exchange the Love-a-Bug jacket for and 80 (or 90?) for next year. Since we already have the orange Zoo Pals jacket, maybe I should do that? It's getting awfully cold in Chicago, so I'm not sure there will be too many more days to wear this. Or would it work in the spring?

I'm being really indecisive. I'm putting off packing for our first airplane trip with two kids, so I'm instead obsessing about clothes to avoid the fear about packing for this trip (and traveling with two!!).

TIA,

jk3
11-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I think the Chicka Chick romper is better suited for a girl. I think the red Love a Bug jacket would work well for a boy or a girl. My Ds has the Ultimate Blue jacket + it's adorable. I love the Blue Star turtlesuit. My DS was similar in measurements to your DS at a year. I opted for the 80s since I wanted him to get more use out of the clothing. The jacket would definitely work for the spring so you might want to get an 80.

Have a great time on your trip!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Samraelanelevi
11-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I have to agree with the PP on the chick romper-too girly for my taste.

I think that you should exchnge the jacket for an 80 you'll get more use out of it and it'll work great for spring. I would also opt to get a striped top for the pants and under the jacket-it's nice to have more options imo. I actually really like the striped pants with the jacket, but it all depends on how much matching you want.

The dala sweater is a great gift! boy I wish I had friends like yours!

C99
11-24-2004, 09:36 PM
I'd exchange the jacket for an 80. He'll wear it in the spring. Nate got a Zoo Pals jacket last year in an 80 -- it was big on him last spring, but too small this year.

lmintzer
11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks, all. I think I will go for the 80 in the jacket. But I'll keep the 70s in the pants and top so he can wear them now.

Wow, I'm a bit surprised by what you all have to say about the Chicka Chick romper. I'm usually the first to yell "too girly". I was even unsure about the horse sweater at first, but I decided it was fine in the end. What am I missing, here? It's obviously not a color thing--more of a styling thing? Is it the flap that the chicks are on?

Samraelanelevi
11-24-2004, 10:30 PM
For me it's the shape of it with the waist band, then the fuiller legs and striped cuffs at the ankles. The chicks also say girl to me-not sure exactly why that is. You know it may have to do with the fact that the waist band sits up higher than I would expect for a boy?