PDA

View Full Version : What would you pair with these sweaters from Gap??

iluvmy2boys
11-24-2004, 11:39 PM
FINALLY found some sweaters that I *LOVE* and that aren't so christmassy looking!!! I also like that they coordinate without directly matching, ya know? So, what type/color of shirt and what kind of pants? (Or, do you think jeans would be okay)

This one would be for Ashton:
http://www.gap.com/assets/product/main/kids/gk261180-00p1.jpg

This one would be for Holden:
http://www.gap.com/assets/product/main/baby/bg267151-00p1.jpg

AbbieF
11-25-2004, 06:41 AM
They're great- very "little man" like. I think it depends on whether the brown is a true brown or more of a grey brown, but either way jeans would be perfect! Jeans would definitely give it that outdoor feel. If you want something dressier try cords, but a color that contrasts instead of trying to match the browns like maybe a woodsy green or a deep blue. If you have some pants you like and are unsure that they'll match, get a turtleneck to match the pants and that should help tie it together.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

iluvmy2boys
11-25-2004, 08:22 AM
I think I've decided to pair them with jeans, and so far, from another forum, most are saying to pair the sweater with a white tshirt, as the neck is kind of "fussy" as it is and anything else might be too much bulk.

AdoptChina
11-25-2004, 11:31 AM
I saw these online and loved them! I think they'll be great for your 2 guys.....Id do jeans and either an ivory/white turtleneck or crew neck shirt

deborah_r
11-25-2004, 02:48 PM
I think jeans or cords would both look great! Very nice sweaters, Jen, good choice!

shaygirl
11-26-2004, 02:24 AM
I would do a white t-neck and cords, maybe forest green or brown.

jubilee
11-26-2004, 04:31 AM
I'd pair them with khakis personally. You'll have some handsome boys!!

wagner36
11-26-2004, 07:48 PM
You know, Jen, we tried this sweater on Charlie and the neck drove him nuts. Granted, he's a lot younger than Ashton and Holden, but he whined and pulled on it until we took it off of him. Even though it's only a small percentage of wool, I thought it was itchy. Maybe it's just the neckline that makes it seem like that.

iluvmy2boys
11-26-2004, 08:11 PM
hehe - my store didn't have the sweaters (it's a pretty small gapkids) and I went into gymboree and found the boys the plaid shirts from the newest boys line and the green turtleneck and paired it with the black cords from prim & proper. They'll look cute and they won't get so hot in the wool (even if it is partial wool) sweaters!

Glad to know I probably don't regret my decision .... the neck would have drove Ashton crazy I think.