PDA

View Full Version : OT -- Mama Hanna Heirloom Coat

C99
12-18-2004, 10:45 PM
I got this today and I *love* it. It's just as gorgeous in person as it is in the catalog. I have one other Hanna jacket in a 6; I ordered this in an 8 and it's a perfect fit -- thank goodness the Swedes have monkey arms because arm-length is my biggest problem in buying coats.

Oh, and if anyone is curious (I was)...the front of the coat has "car coat" styling -- a collar and about 5 buttons going down the front, starting from the neck and going to just below the belly button. It hits me at about mid-shin.

Saartje
12-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Mine arrived yesterday, and I, too, adore it. Unfortunately, I have to return mine for a 16; I normally wear a 14. Do you think it's running small overall, or is it that I'm needing a larger size than usual because I'm breastfeeding and thus my chest is enormous? (It seemed tight in the shoulders and arms to me, as well as short in the sleeve length.)

C99
12-18-2004, 11:40 PM
I do wonder if this coat runs small, because while it fits me, I wouldn't be able to wear a very bulky sweater comfortably underneath the coat. I do think that, in general, the Hanna mama styling runs slim/fitted, if that makes any sense.

brubeck
12-19-2004, 09:56 AM
I have the Hanna Modern Macintosh. When it went down to really cheap they only had large left in the color I wanted. I normally take a medium in a coat, but the large ended up fitting perfectly. So I had the same experience, and this is with a coat that wasn't supposed to be as 'fitted' as the Heirloom coat!

Saartje
12-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks; it's good to know I'm not the only one with that experience. I'm a little sensitive about my weight right now, so the coat's sizing had me feeling a little bad.

It's interesting to note, though, that the coat would have fit a manikin with my measurements beautifully. It was only the need to move my arms that meant trouble.

jerzeygirl
12-21-2004, 09:37 AM
I got mine yesterday, and unfortunately, i hated it. =-( I ordered the 8, which is my true size, and the coat itself fits okay (maybe it could be a bit bitter to accommodate a sweater, like you said), but the arms are too short. Which is weird, because when you said monkey arms, i figured you meant the arms would be long!

It's also not as slimming on me as it is on the (admittedly stick thin) model in the catalog. I just really didn't like much about the coat at all. So... back it goes!