PDA

View Full Version : exchanging a gift with no receipt (Gymboree)

LucyG
12-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Will they do a return or exchange if I don't have a gift receipt?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

brubeck
12-19-2004, 09:53 AM
I did it last year. The item was brand new and still had tags on. They gave me a store credit (which was very hard to use since you can't use it to earn or redeem Gymbucks) and they gave me the most recent sale price. So I would go in and return it ASAP to get as much store credit as you can.

Of course the other alternative is to post it on the swap board or EBay it.

LucyG
12-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I called the store, and they don't have the size I need for the exchange. Aren't they supposed to do something called "Save a Sale?" Gymbo online still has all the sizes of this item. I asked about it, and the lady said she'd never heard of Save a Sale. What gives? Is that only when things aren't on sale?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

lisak
12-22-2004, 01:20 AM
I just returned a pair of the penguin cotton pj's and hat. Since I didn't have a gift receipt, they gave me the current sale price which I know was (25%) less than what the gift giver paid and gave me a merchandise credit.

Try to get the gift receipt if you can, or go in asap to get as much store credit as you can towards something else.

I think its good to attach the gift receipt for all gifts, even toys.

HTH!

brubeck
12-22-2004, 10:29 AM
I believe Save the Sale is only good for items at full price. Basically it means that if the store is out of stock then they will order it from the online site for you and you won't have to pay shipping.

deliasmommy
12-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Save the Sale can be done up to the first (possibly second) markdown. If the store clerk doesn't suggest it, you can ask :)

However, you MUST be in the store (which may be why they didn't offer). The employee calls the online store, gives the store location, and then gives the SKU and size, If it's in stock, the customer completes the phone call. The online store picks up the shipping. The online store should give you a transaction number and dollar amount over the phone to use for issuing gymbucks in the store; the dollar amount can be combined with an in store purchase to meet a gymbuck threshold.

good luck with your item!

heidis2girls
12-23-2004, 12:43 PM
I just returned two sweaters today that I did not have the receipts for and they gave me the current price in a merchandise credit. The merchandise credit cannot be used online, unfortunately, even though it is a card like a credit card. I ended up using it today with the extra 10% off card.

HTH!