PDA

View Full Version : Tea clothes

cara1
12-20-2004, 02:57 PM
We just received an adorable outfit for DD, and the tag says Tea. I've never heard of this brand. Has anyone else had experience with it? It's just darling, and so soft.

AvasMama
12-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Ooh! You're lucky -- the clothes are beautiful and pricey! I really like their designs. They do run pretty small, though, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Robyn & Ava

quikeye
12-20-2004, 04:35 PM
I loooove tea collection! :) We go to their annual sample sale & stock up on t's & sweaters I'd never in a million years buy retail (can't afford em)... think it's teacollection.com ?

I'm pretty sure they're made from 100% pima cottons (the designer was there last time & talked about how they chose pima since it's the softest), BUT since pima's a "short staple cotton" it has a tendency to pill (my assertion, not the designer's)... our Tea shirts in pima have pilled/fuzzed but doesn't look bad-- just not new, and even softer than before. I am guilty of not washing in cold/line dry every time though, so maybe that's a factor :) I'm harder wearing on shirts than sweaters though-- his sweaters have held up VERY well, I handwash (even though they're cotton) and block dry on a towel and they still all look new (too bad, since he's almost outgrown the S size ones we have!) The onesies I have have gone thru a harder cycle washing than the shirts & surprisingly haven't pilled (maybe b/c they're prints?) and are soft. But the onesies are smaller than the shirts in the same size, and the sweaters are small as well. Soft knit pants have held up well, no pilling on the printed ones and some fuzz on the non-prints.

OH! And the hats-- "one size", until he was 4 months old! :) Even their nicer knit hats don't fit anymore; granted he has a big head but still! :) I bought a bunch of hats to match sweaters and they're tiiight! :) heheh...

MartiesMom2B
12-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Martie received a beautiful outfit from Tea that she received as a birthday gift. It's so soft and just lovely. I never had heard of the brand before, but I assumed it came from a baby boutique. It's so soft, and I haven't had any problems with it pilling.

-Sonia

RJPO
12-20-2004, 08:58 PM
I love their layette items! I'm having a boy in March and was a little frustrated by my inability to find clothes for him that I really like. But I love the subtle colors and Japanese-style print on this, so I ordered it. If it's small enough it may be my boy's coming home outfit:

http://www.oliebollen.com/detail.aspx?ID=1503

(I hope the link works! I'm new!)

- Rachel

Mary, born 6/21/98
James, due 3/23/05

gracies mom
12-20-2004, 11:04 PM
We have a bunch of Tea Collection things. Just last week, we got a really cute red dress and little corduroy jacket. We were going to see Santa at a horse ranch, and it was the perfect outfit with a pair or brown riding boots. :)

I saw a bunch of their spring line last week, and it's very cute! If I had a newborn, I'd probably buy a lot more of it.

MartiesMom2B
12-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Very cute, and I'm sure that it's soooo soft.

-Sonia

pixelprincess
12-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Another Tea fan. Must be my love for a good old cup of chai. lol. I have a few Tea clothes and blankets that have stood the test of time. Still very soft and lovely.