PDA

View Full Version : A Letter from a Gymboree District Manager

firsttimemommy
12-24-2004, 08:12 PM
About 6 wks ago I had a horrible experience at a Gymboree store and emailed Gymboree (in a nice, but complaining way) about it. They gave my contact info to the local DM and she called me (about 2 weeks after my first contact/complaint). We talked for a long time
about what had happened and she was very nice. I also told her that about a year prior I had had a similiar experience at the same store and also talked to the local DM at the time and he had promised me a discount coupon for my troubles (25% off shopping spree coupon) and I never got it. She said she wanted to stand behind his offer (I told her it was not necessary - but she insisted).

A month later (yesterday) I had still received nothing from her! I was so disappointed. I wrote another email to Gymbo corporate basically stating that I can't believe how unprofessional their DM's are (making promises and never following through) and that I
had learned my lesson about shopping there!

Guess what I got in the mail today???? A letter and the coupon!!!!(she mailed it yesterday - could it have been after I sent the email...hmmmmmm!!!) But the kicker was how horrible the grammar/sentence structure, etc was in this letter. Here it is - and I am typing it in AS IS!!!!

"Dear Ronda,
I wanted to thank you so much for your feedback! Again, I apologize for the difficult experience that you had in our San Antonio location; but I'm also grateful it happened to you because you spoke up!
We always want to know if we are meeting, exceeding or failing to your expectations.
I'm glad that we were able to visit and get together! I hope to continue building a market team that you would enjoy any store experience & working with any team member. My work may be cut out for me in some cases, but your feedback is a compass, so thank you,
again! Good-luck and happy shopping!
Please find enclosed a special shopping spree pass for you to enjoy your next visit in .....

(she didn't even fill this in with a location!!!)

Take care and may you and your family have a peaceful and joyous Holiday season!

Sincerely,"

Yes, I proofread the above to make sure to include the errors correctly!!!!! Guess she didn't proofread before sending though! UGH!

But Yay! Got my shopping pass! Now, if I just would have had it last Tuesday!!!! LOL (gymbucks, 25% off already)

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live
without you" ~ Winnie
Ronda
Proud Mommy to JL 1/03 and JC 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

Dcclerk
12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
That is embarrassing. One of my personal pet peeves is the use of exclamation points in business correspondence, even emails. Yikes on that front as well as the grammar. But hurray that you got the discount!

babymama
12-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Were you at the North Star Mall gymbo in SA? I called them recently looking for an item, and they were really short and rude with me over the phone. I recently discovered that the North Star mall location is the nearest Tier 1 gymbo to me (75 miles away - ugh!). Still haven't made it in. Good to know, though, about the customer service. Sorry you had a crummy experience. Have fun shopping with your discount card!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

firsttimemommy
12-28-2004, 08:57 PM
YUP! The North Star Mall one!!! This is the second really bad experience I've had there and considering I hardly ever go there, that's pretty bad!!! It's not a Tier One store BTW - it lost it's Tier One status awhile back. There is not a Tier One anywhere in SA.

Where are you? I am about 50 miles from the North Star Mall store. I am dying to meet another BBB'er in real life!! Email me through the boards!!!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04
"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh