PDA

View Full Version : PJ's for 9 month old?

HHCs Mom
12-27-2004, 10:29 PM
DS has been wearing Carter's sleepers since he was born. He is currently wearing the 6-9 month size and about to outgrow them. I have seen 9-12 month Carter's sleepers but they are extremely rare and hard to find in the stores. Does anyone know where I can find the 9-12 month size online or can someone recommend another brand of footed sleeper that is reasonably priced?

Thanks!
Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

lisak
12-27-2004, 11:01 PM
The Children's Place has some footed zippers, and they are soft and pretty reasonably priced. 3 for $25, I think, but I would recommend buying them a little larger so they don't pinch.

DS couldn't wear any pjs w/ zippers until 11 or 12 months b/c he was so chunky. The Gymboree ones seem to run small and seem very very fitted, IMO.

Good luck!

murpheyblue
12-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Hanna zippers are awesome but if the price gets you I totally agree about The Children's Place. We love their jammies.

JLiebCamm
12-27-2004, 11:22 PM
Sam's Club had the fleece Carter's from 12 month to 3 or 4 Toddler the last time I was there. I really like LL Bean PJ's. They're not cheap but don't get all pilly or have zipper problems.

AbbieF
12-28-2004, 06:25 AM
Thanks Kim for posting this! I don't have any suggestions, but I will be watching your post, since I'm in the same position. So much for girls being "petite flowers" (she's also nicknamed chunky monkey) One element I keep debating is feet or no feet now. She's crawling and feet in anything seem to become a real point of frustration. So, I might begin the search for 2 pjs.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

Joshuasmommy
12-28-2004, 07:13 AM
OshKosh has great sleepers that come in bigger sizes, up to 18 months. I loved them because they weren't fitted like other sleepers are after 6/9 months. My son is big and the tight ones just did not work for him. If you have an OshKosh outlet near you that is the best place to get them as they sell out of the bigger sized online quickly.

jvbucks
12-28-2004, 09:33 AM
My daughter has always been chunky, and on the upper part of the growth charts for both height and weight. The Children's Place sleepers are all I buy now pretty much. They've worked great for us! Even though they are fitted, they are stretchy too!

HHCs Mom
12-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks y'all! DS is in the 97th %ile for height and 50th %ile for weight, so he is very long. He has a growth spurt and then we're off to the races to find new sleepers! Abbie, I had not thought of the feet bothering DS when he crawls. Definitely something to keep in mind when he does start crawling --- right now we're content to just sit and play, so who knows when that will be! :-)

I will check out TCP and Osh Kosh --- we don't have stores nearby but we do have outlets, as well as a Carter's outlet. I may call and check before I drive all the way to the outlets, though.

Thanks again!

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

sdjeppa
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi, my DS is now 15 mo, but he's long and skinny too (95% height, 40% weight). TCP pj's are great, fit him great, and good price too, esp if you get the $10 off $30 coupon... he is almost walking, and has been crawling for a while, and the feet don't bother him :).

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

babymama
12-28-2004, 11:56 AM
We've also had good luck with the Target (Circo brand) fleece footed sleepers. If Target is closer to you, you might try them first. These come in a set of 2 (packaged in a plastic bag and folded up) and are in the baby section near the Circo socks and Circo slippers. They were $9.99 (for a set of 2) when I bought mine in August, but I think they were later reduced. They are a lightweight fleece and have a zipper with a button up near the neckline.

We like the TCP ones too, but for whatever reason DS has an easier time walking in the Target ones (better grip on feet?). Hanna zippers are excellent. We've found some great prices on the BBB Swap (yahoogroup).

I prefer non-footed bc 1) DS is on the tall side and tends to outgrow length quicker with footed pjs, and 2) it's easier for him to walk in slippers than with the footed pjs.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

AbbieF
12-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I happened to pick up a pack of the sleepers in Target and I thought they were really soft, but we haven't tried them yet. How would I get one of those coupons for TCP? I really love the one piece PJ'sso I want to try and keep her in them, but she's just not adept at the crawling and needs to be able to "grab" with her toes. Plus, my dh calls her "Marion Jones" because she puts her butt so high up in the air its like she's in the starting blocks. The poor thing, is trying so hard and I'm trying not to laugh but the other day I had her in a pair that were too small (bad mommy) and she basically gave herself a diaper wedgy doing her "MJ craw" Oh it was funny.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

twinkie
12-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Has anyone seen fleece footed sleepers with a hood and cuffs on the sleeves that fold over the hands? We have 1 in 6-9 months that we got as a gift but it is getting a bit tight and I think we will need to move up to the next size. I don't neccessarily need the hood, but the cuffs help keep my son's hands warm at night. His room gets so cold, no matter how high I turn up the heat.

jillc
12-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Hi Kim,

My mom found a Carter's footed fleece sleeper in 12 month at Costco fairly recently. You might check there.

HTH.
Jill

nicoleflynn
12-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Here is a link:

http://www.youandyourfamily.com/yayf_june04/vouchers/childrensplace_front.pdf

Don't forget to print the back as the barcode is on the back.

AbbieF
12-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Thanks Nicole!

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04 (the aspiring track star)

kali
12-30-2004, 03:13 AM
I love the Gap's PJ's. They are 100% cotton and come in sizes from 3 months up through toddler sizes (to age 5 I think). They have one piece and two piece styles, with and without feet. Some of the footy ones have zippers. They run about $22, but are marked down pretty frequently. If you buy them on sale and keep an eye out for the next two weeks for further markdowns (the Gap'll do price adjustments for 14 days--just bring your receipt in) you can get them for $10 or less. By the way, they do their markdowns on Wednesdays.

AbbieF
12-30-2004, 06:48 AM
Gosh, you guys are great! Has anyone ever tried putting all this info in a spreadsheet? Okay my geekiness is obviously showing.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

pritchettzoo
12-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Target's Circo brand microfleece sleepers are fantastic. They are regularly 2 pairs for $9.99, but they go on sale for as low as $7.49 a pack. They wash up nicely (stay soft, not pilly) and are just the right thickness. They are in the baby section, hanging in square plastic bags.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)