PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Roster Fans

Buffys Mommy
12-28-2004, 03:47 AM
For those of you who have done a clothing roster, a few questions:

1. Once you have it set up, is it easier to do? I've been working on it on and off for two days now and am no where near done. I'm not sure if that's because I'm slow, or because I have WAY too many clothes for Sarah.

2. What do you do for items that can be worn for multiple seasons? I'm in CA so we have mild winters and a lot of our clothes can be worn for 2-3 seasons. Do you list the item on each roster or just one?

3. How do you handle it when you think DC will grow out of a current size mid season? Based on Sarah's current growth and the CDC charts ( I think it was Lori that pointed out the link - thank you!), I anticipate she'll move up a size in the middle of spring.

Thanks!

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

C99
12-28-2004, 12:27 PM
1. I am not sure what you mean by "set up." I have a template Excel file for the roster that I can send you if you like. Then you can just add outfits as you see fit.

2. I don't list something more than once, but that is a good question. I would think that if the point is to spend LESS on clothing, you would mark them off as outfits on multiple roster seasons, KWIM?

3. Nate does grow out of clothing within a season. I just mark things off the roster as outgrown and allow myself to replace them as he grows. Now that he is bigger and the sizes seem to last longer, this seems to be less of an issue...but I didn't start using the roster concept until he was about 18 months or so. Also, I purposely buy some things bigger at the start of the season, so that I only have to replace 2-3 items.

DDowning
12-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey, Caroline. Can you email me that template? I'm pretty sure you already have my aol email.

Thanks!

HHCs Mom
12-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder to update my roster! DS got some clothes for Christmas and I have bought him some since doing the roster that I forgot to add.

I would list items that could be worn for multiple seasons on more than one roster. I have some like that right now on my roster --- they are listed on both fall and winter. It helps to keep me from spending money if all of the space is taken up on the roster! :-)

DS will outgrow some of his things before the end of winter but I hope to make it with what he's got until spring rolls around. He is only 9 months, so it's not like he's going outside and getting dirty so he can wear things over and over without showing too much wear on them. Guess I'll just have to do laundry a little more often until spring. :P

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04