PDA

View Full Version : Question about Elefanten shoes

lmladuke
12-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I bought DS 2 pairs of Elefantens at the SR outlet. They are both brown nubuck. He wore the boots on Christmas for the first time and by the end of the day I noticed that the top of the boot(sort of the toe part - where the top of the shoe meets the front of the shoe) had a very definite "line" on it - sort of worn and shiny looking. Does that make sense?

Anyway, since that is not really an area that should get worn easily (unless he was scraping the tops of his boots on something - which he was not) I am wondering if Elefanten shoes typically wear like that? They are a very soft nubuck and I wonder if they are just very delicate. I know I got them for $30 - but they are regularly priced at $65. I would think for that money, they would wear well

I am attaching a pic of the boot - maybe that will help my explanation.

Would love to hear if this happened to anyone else...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18929.jpg

kaitlinsmommy
12-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes, the same thing happened to dd's shoes. She got nubuck Elefantens this fall and has only worn them a couple times & they kind of have a line on top & look worn. I cleaned them today & they improved a little, but I agree I was surprised considering how much they were. I guess Elefanten is going out of business so we won't be able to buy them anymore anyway.

jakobsmommie
12-29-2004, 08:13 AM
I think they just sold out to another company. I can't remember which company it was though. I want to say it was an American company.

My Mom was in Germany recently looking for Elefanten's for me and the sales lady had explained that they would be harder to find because of this.

BTW - My sons shoes have worn the same way, but with MORE wear time than THAT!!!

I've noticed a big quality difference in the shoe depending on where they were made as well.

Oh well - Primigi will be my next fave shoe! :)