PDA

View Full Version : Only a Hanna Addict would understand.....

tina-t
12-29-2004, 02:26 AM
Just got back from visiting the in-laws. My sil was nice enough to babysit ds for us so we could watch a movie. We decided on "Meet the Fockers", mainly bec. I wanted to see the signing baby. Lo and behold, I saw the toddler wearing a Hanna overall (short) in vertical white and blue stripes and in another scene, he was wearing a striped romper (green and blue). Both times, I got so excited and pointed those out to dh. On the second time, he just said that he could not believe that I recognized the outfits and that I was so excited to see those! Anyway, ds has the same striped romper in green and blue.

I guess signing babies are going to be more popular since hollywood featured this in a movie. Robert de Niro's character also mentioned "ferberizing" the toddler to help him sleep on his own. I don't think they were doing it right though.

I also noted in one scene that the toddler was wearing elefanten shoes; since they showed the bottom part of the shoe, but I did not notice the top part of the shoe.

I can't believe I noticed all these things though.....

sugarsnappea
12-29-2004, 07:46 AM
That is funny! I love seeing Hannas on TV.
But did you like the movie? :)

parkersmama
12-29-2004, 08:06 AM
LOL!! You came to the right place for backup. :D We are your compadres in searching TV, movies, and magazines for Hanna (and other!) spottings! LOL!

steph01
12-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Actually, I believe that all of the outfits were Hanna. The first blue outfit was a jeeper, wiggle pants and socks in Barely Blue. I think the costume staff just printed the symbols on the outfit. Same with the yellow outfit.

kelly ann
12-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Bummer...I was hoping to find that blue outfit somewhere. I am a math geek and loved the shirt with the symbols of pi, infinity, and square root!

I saw the movie yesterday and kept telling DH...those are Hannas. he wasn't too impressed with my knowledge!

tina-t
12-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Deb, I liked the movie. It was really funny. We had a fun time.

tina-t
12-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Stephanie, I was wondering about the blue and yellow outfits. I kept on thinking where they got the shirts with the symbols.

babymama
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
My sister told me about that signing baby! We can't wait to see the movie so we can "read" his signs. Love the info on the Hanna's - I know EXACTLY which pieces you're talking about (from the catalogs) and can't wait to see them on the big screen.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

steph01
12-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, you could tell they were Hanna's by the flat seems, the cut on the wiggle pants, the buttons on the shoulder, and oh, in one scene, the red tag was sticking out!!! (I'm a Hanna Addict too!) But I don't think Hanna ever made those symbols on the Jeepers, so I have to figure the costume staff added them. I would like those too, especially the PI, infinity, sq root blue jeeper. ;-)