PDA

View Full Version : What size Hanna to order?

HHCs Mom
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
DS is 21 1/2 lbs and ~ 29 1/2 inches --- long and skinny. He is 9 months old, not that that matters much. I want to order the Love a Bug stuff from Hanna but want to make sure I should be ordering him size 80's instead of 70's. His height barely falls into the size 70 range (26-30 inches) but his weight falls into the size 80 range (20-27 lbs). I want him to be able to wear the clothes the rest of the winter and into spring, but if they are too big and he has to wait to grow into them, I don't want it to be May before he can wear them, KWIM?

Can someone tell me what size to get?? :-)

Thanks!
Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

iluvmy2boys
12-30-2004, 09:54 AM
for comparison sake - my son wore 80s when he was 25lbs and 34in this past spring at age 2. He started wearing 90s during the summer.

I'd go by height personally, and I think the 80s might be really big on your son but this is based on my own experience.

LucyG
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
My DD is almost exactly your DS's size, and she can wear both 70's and 80's. Her 70's zipper is getting a little short in the legs and crotch, as are a pair of 70 wiggle pants. Her 80's zippers are really big on her, but we just roll up the cuffs at wrist and ankle, and they are fine for sleeping. Her 80 dress is long on her, and we roll the sleeves several times. So, if you are getting things that must be fitted in the crotch (pants, snapsuits), I'd be inclined to get 80's, if I were you. But, I tend to like clothes a little roomy on my DD. So, if you like a more fitted look, 70's might be OK. But, I would get 80's just to make sure he doesn't outgrow them before spring. That way, he can probably wear them in the fall, also. You could also call Hanna customer service and ask them about the particular pieces you want. They can often tell you if something runs true to size, or big or small. I've always found them to be very helpful when it comes to sizing questions.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
22 months and counting!

robmab719
12-30-2004, 10:00 AM
I think 80s might be too big on him right now. My DD was 24lbs and 30 1/2" at her 9 month checkup and 80s were still big on her back then. Nearly three months later (I think she's probably around 26-27lbs now), the size 80 wiggle pants are still baggy on her, but the length is about right. I'd get 70s for now or 80s for next spring.

Niki_n_Abby
12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I would get 80s. I know Hanna says not to buy big, but I have to dissagree. The clothes shrink considerably and if I'm paying that much, I want lots of room to grow. I bought my dd her first playdress and leggins in the fall. She was 33" so I bought an 80. It fit PERFECTLY. So I returned it and some other items I had bought her for 90s and they were much better. Yes, they are baggy, but not unwearable and they will last. Her dresses are a little long but that is not a bad thing. I bought her the Love a Bug pants and they are baggy, but not unwearable. Her zippers all have plenty of room and she looks just adorable in them. Her romper I just roll the legs and it looks fine.

If you want them to have any growing room, I'd buy 80s for him.

Niki

emmiem
12-30-2004, 01:54 PM
I would go strictly by height. Hannas are always cut roomy with room to grow. My Dd has been wearing 90's for over one year. My youngest is 29 inches tall and 20 pounds and in a 70. The 80's that I bought last year for spring will be too big still. I have never found Hanna's clothes to shrink at all. I wash them according to tags usually meaning in warm water and tumble dry.
Michele

HHCs Mom
12-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok, now I'm totally confused! I still can't decide and now I'm thinking I'll order 80's for him to wear next fall/winter. It's such a good deal and a great way for me to try their clothes without spending so much $$$. We don't have any stores here in Ga, so it's not like I can see them in person or get it from a store/outlet.

If I order for next fall, I should *definitely* get the 80's right?

Kim
~ mama to a chunky monkey named Harrison ~ 4.6.04

toomanystrollers
12-30-2004, 07:36 PM
For next fall - 80's :)

steph01
12-30-2004, 08:45 PM
I would go with 80's all the way. Height is the most important thing and 70s might not fit him very long, but you could probably get a lot of wear out of 80s. BTW, I think some of it depends on what you are buying. IMHO zippers run a little bigger that their pants. My DS started wearing size 70 wiggles long ago, but at 26-27 inches 70 zippers are really big and he can still wear 60 zippers. I think that I will be able to out 80 pants on him soon.

samiam
12-31-2004, 10:54 AM
My son is the exact size as yours and he's been wearing 80's for many months already. The size 70 zipper got too small in the crotch. The 80 zippers have to be rolled at the arms and legs but still look fine. I agree with the person who said if you like clothes on the roomy side, then the 80's will be just fine. My son has room to grown in the 80's and they are roomy but don't look ridiculous. I don't think you'd get too much use out of the 70's. We have mostly zippers and long johns rather than other Hanna items. We did have a pair of size 70 wiggle type pants with elastic at the bottom and the bottom elastic was too tight on him.