PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with Hanna Sale

kaitlinsmommy
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Okay, so I got a sale catalog from them yesterday & there are several cute things I want to order for dd & myself but when I went to order them today, they were ALL gone. I'm just bummed! I guess next time I'll have to be quicker.

Momof3Labs
12-30-2004, 09:32 PM
It's not just Hanna - this happens with Lands End and other good sale catalogs, too. I'm sure that it has to do with the amount of lead time required to put together and mail out a catalog.

kelly ann
12-30-2004, 09:54 PM
What I am annoyed with is the inconsistency between the store and online prices. I complained about this last year to Hanna and they have not seemed to fix it. Sometimes the store is lower and sometimes the web is lower - what's with that???? For example, some of the mocassins are marked down in the store, but full price online. On the other hand, the Love a Bug fleece jacket is $36 in the store and $30 online.

I never know whether to buy online or in store. Then I procrastinate while trying to figure this out and so much stuff sells out.

BTW, I was bummed all the maternity stuff in size L sold out so quick. I hopped on the computer right after I received the sale catalog and there was none to be found :(

DebbieJ
12-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Hanna always releases the sale items on the web before the catalog comes. I haven't been able to figure out the timing of it all yet.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

parkersmama
12-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, if you wait for the catalog there is generally nothing left. The best thing to do is sign up for emails on their site. They are good about not sending too many and they let you know when things are on sale so you can catch them early online.

westchicagomom
12-31-2004, 02:50 AM
I agree. You never know what the price is going to ring up at the store since they don't always physically mark down every single piece of clothing.

And I have really grown tired of playing the return game when things get marked down to a lower price. It takes way too much effort to be a bargain shopper for kids clothes these days....

kelly ann
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
ITA...I am tiring of the return game as well. I wonder if it is always worth the savings if it mean braving the crowds at Woodfield.

samiam
12-31-2004, 10:45 AM
Ditto everything that has been said. The only good experience I've been having recently is dealing with the staff at Hanna outlets - they've been exceptional. But I give up getting sale items via catalog or web - it's darn near impossible.