PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Elefanten size Q

indigo
12-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Wondering what size shoe to get DD... she isn't walking yet, so this would be for later on. At 6 months she is about 17 lbs and 27.5 inches, currently wearing 80s with the cuffs rolled way up. I got her the Flowerbox dress in 90, thinking that she can wear it next fall and winter. I want to order the Elefanten flower cluster boots or T-straps to match the dress (or maybe wear separately if the sizes don't quite coincide).

I measured her feet and she is just now at Euro size 17 (US 2 1/2). Right now all they have is 24s and up, so it would have to be at least that big. Do the US sizes correspond roughly to age? I realize all kids grow quite differently but does anyone have suggestions for the range that girls at 18 mos. wear in shoes??

And, if it were you would you buy the magenta or the pink to go with the flowerbox dress? I like the combination they show on the little girl in the catalog but was thinking that the darker shoe might be a nice "base" for the outfit also.

thanks for any insights!!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url]

emmiem
01-01-2005, 11:12 AM
There is no way to accurately guess what size shoe to wear in the future. I have had my oldest daughter skip a size and another one stay in the same one for longer than 6 months. My 13 month old is wearing a 19 and my 4 year old is wearing a 25. I generally will not buy more than one size ahead. I bought the Elefanten shoes in black patent and blue nubuck in a size 26 for next fall. Her feet are skinny so she takes longer to size up in this brand. They do run wider.

I would buy the darker shoe to go with that dress. Size 24 corresponds to a size 8. Most children to not wear a size 8 until they are about 3.

You sure are buying hannas very big. My 4 year old is wearing a 90 and has been for over a year. She is 38 inches tall and 29 pounds. My 1 year old is still wearing a 70 at 28 1/2 inches and 20 pounds. The 80s I bought are swimming on her. She probably won't wear them until late summer or early fall with the exception of zippers.
HTH,
Michele

jamierush
01-01-2005, 05:56 PM
It is hard to say but , Avery has moved up a 1/2 size every 2 months like clock work over the last 8 months. She is just starting to wear her size 24/7.5-8 shoes this month. I am hoping she will slow down a bit here this spring.

She is currently has been wearing 90's for 2 months (started right at 18 months) or so and is 36 inches tall/30 lbs at 20 months.

So she fits the OP senerio, but she has always been just off the charts growing on the same curve.

indigo
01-01-2005, 06:14 PM
thank you all for the feedback! I think I may get the 24/25s as they are the smallest size still available, and just keep trying them on till they fit. (well, I'll start trying them out once she starts walking, anyway) I've just heard great things about Elefantens and I know they are going out of business.

(and re: growth charts/sizing, it's true I am buying things quite a bit ahead, but I'm happy that she's able to wear them for so much longer. I also find it's easier to put DD in dresses that are big, since they don't look funny if they are long to start with (kind of a gown look). That said, she is wearing the shearling bunting right now in an 80 and though she has the sleeves rolled up 3x, it's not bad - the extra length means I don't have to put mittens and boots on her. She started out in the 95th percentile for ht & wt, and while she has dropped back weightwise she's still pretty long for her age.

thanks again!!

indigo
DD 7/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url]