PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Outlet - Michigan City

jakobsmommie
01-01-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm 2 hours away from this outlet and have NEVER been there.

I was considering making a venture there tomorrow if anyone thinks they have some great deals yet.

Anyone been there?

What kinds of things did they have a lot of?

I'm mainly looking for:

Girls - 70 or 80
Boys - 100
Womens - Large or Medium

Anyone see anything like this??
I'm considering just calling - since I would have to travel on the sly. If my DH knew I'd be done for!!! LOL

jakobsmommie
01-01-2005, 07:43 PM
I just called there and they said they have a ton of womens from LAST Winter Season on half price sale.

I am a newbie to Hanna Andersson. What were LAST seasons items?

Anyone know?

karin4
01-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Last winter's items weren't a lot different from this year's. Hanna tends to have a lot of similar styles from year to year, in different colors. If you liked the current offerings, you'll probably like last year's, too.

And womens is really where you do best at the outlets, in my opinion. They don't very often have a lot at great prices for babies, toddlers and preschoolers, but you can really score for older kids and women.

Good luck, and let you know what you find if you do go!

jakobsmommie
01-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks so much for your reply!
I think I will go - I hope to get some great deals and they have a Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet there TOO!!

I'm in trouble. Thank Goodness Santa sent his checkbook this year.

I'll definately have to keep you posted as to what I was able to find.

Now, How can I pull this off without DH finding out.....Hmmmmmm????

karin4
01-02-2005, 02:38 PM
"Now, How can I pull this off without DH finding out.....Hmmmmmm????"

LOL! No help there, I'm afraid!

khakismom
01-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Sandra, be sure and let us know what you find at Hanna! I will be there next week visiting the ILs and always make a trip to the Lighthouse Outlets.

Thanks!

sadie427
01-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been in there a few times and walked out empty-handed because I didn't think it was enough of a discount. They did seem to have more girls stuff than boys, and last time I was there I did see a fair amount of babyish stuff in a 70, so for you it might be worth it. There's an oshkosh outlet there with very good prices and selection I thought, and we got baby Merrells at the Hush Puppie store. And if you've ever been tempted by Olily, you might check out the outlet there--still expensive and doesn't really carry small enough women's sizes for me, but worth a look otherwise. So overall, maybe worth the trip.

teddy
01-03-2005, 10:21 PM
There is a Stride Rite outlet also.

kelly ann
01-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Sandra-

Any luck at the Hanna outlet? What did they have? Just wondering if I should stop by (1 1/2 hour trip) in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

jakobsmommie
01-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Okay - I'm sorry I haven't posted until now, but DS spilled Pepsi all over the laptop - fun times!

I have to say, I LOVE THE LIGHTHOUSE OUTLETS!
I had a blast and spent wayyyyyyy toooooo much at Hanna!
Too much to even list really, but here's some of the things I found.

First of all - they have some great deals on womens clothes, but the sizing was all really small sizes.

Cropped Knit Pants (Stockholm) - for $5 - can you believe it???
Boxy Button Jacket - I think - for $10
Camisoles - for $6
Those were the best deals
Also tons of Applique Merino Sweaters.

Childrens Clothing - WOW - TONS of girls items
I was SO excited to find the Barnyard Blanket which had sold out online.
They also had the Elefanten Sandals from last summer still avail in sizes 26 I think... They had at least 4 pairs.
Oh they had LOTS of shoes.
I found the black patent leather primigi mary janes there in size 18

TONS of zippers but most wear still priced at $24
TONS of Wiggle Pants priced at $12 - most anyway
They had the Kimono Wrap which I was excited about - again sold out online before I could buy it.
They had Love a Bug - A BUNCH of EVERYTHING except for the pants with the bug on the butt - LOL - although when I was in CA - the VAlley FAir Mall had some of those just not in the size I needed. In case you are all looking for those.
Ummm lets see
I saw a bunch of Survivor Sweats in the boys area.
Ohhh BTW - if you are looking for the Mimi the Sardine bib that's on sale for $8 and sold out online - they have it at the Michigan City outlet.

Wow - I could go on and on - I spent 2 hours in that store!!!
Best deals that I could see were
$5 Pants and $10 various items on tables.
That included:
Boys Underwear - lots of size 150 and 160
Boys Shorts and T's - can't remember the name. mostly 80/90's

Hope this helps!
Have fun ladies! I know I DID!!!!

jakobsmommie
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Forgot to mention that they have a lot of the Headed for Home Quilted Jackets - even in the larger sizes.
I had seen these sell out earlier online.

jakobsmommie
01-04-2005, 06:26 PM
ZD28618 - They had a TON of these jackets also.
Mainly Starboard/Map
and Teal/Lichen
Colors.

These are sold out online as well.

I can't stop thinking about all the cool stuff they had!

C99
01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I was there today and most of the zippers were $28, not $24. As usual, the best deals were on women's clothing, which was 50% off the lowest price on the older stuff and everything else was discounted. I thought there were deals to be had, but I've learned that it's rarely worth the special trip to the Indiana outlet (for me); I just happened to be on my way home from Michigan and Nate needed to stretch his legs. :)

Some of the better deals:
- Wiggle pants for $12 and some, in a floral print and the snowflakes print in 50, for $5.
- Two Stripes Tees for $8 each (orig. $24, $12 in June), available in all 3 colors (Red, Water Blue, Navy Blue) in 80, 90, 100
- Swedish Sweatshorts for $8 each in 80, 90
- Striped Beachcombers for $8 or $10 each (orig. $28, $16 in June) in Palm Green, Navy Blue and French Blue in 70, 80.
- Sport Shorts for $10 each (orig. $16, $12 in June) in Sun Yellow and Red in 90, 100
- Sweater Skirt (YS27522) for $5, in smaller sizes (100)
- Gingham Capris (YS27845) and Boxy Top (YS27847) for $10 each, in sizes 90, 100.
- Girls Patio Pants (YS27911) in capri blue for $10 each.
- Primi nubby suede shoes for $15, in sizes 25, 26, 29. They only had a few sizes left of these.

The Gingham Romper ($14), Hippity Hop ($14 shirt, $12 pants), Striped Boxy Romper ($20), and LAB fleece ($30) were the same price as they were at the retail store in Oakbrook last Saturday.