PDA

View Full Version : Got my Chez Ami catalog in the mail today...

khakismom
01-03-2005, 10:17 PM
...and oh, their stuff is heavenly! It's when I see catalogs like this that I wish I had a little boy to dress!

I fell in love with this one dress that I think I must have for Kathleen. I can't decide if I should get the same one for Ellen or a bloomer outfit in the same pattern.

The coolest part is that they have a new line called Chez Belle and it's for "tweens". Sizes 4-16 in bigger girl designs, but still classic patterns. Very cute, and a wonderful option when the girls get older.

Here's a link to the catalog:

http://www.chezami.com/documents/catalog_s5_chezami.pdf

If you decide to check it out, the dress is the Croquet pattern and is on page 8 of the catalog, the bloomers on page 9--and it totally reminds me of the Flower Power line from Gymbo.

I am so ready for spring, can't ya tell?! :)

Phoebe
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM
>...and oh, their stuff is heavenly! It's when I see catalogs
>like this that I wish I had a little boy to dress!
>

Well... maybe you'll get one ;)

I ordered a short john from Chez Ami last summer and it was very cute. But, it wasn't my favorite of those kind of clothing makers. Ragsland was cuter and better priced, and Bailey Boys was also very cute (but more expensive than both Chez Ami and Ragsland).

So if you have a girl, she'll be set for clothes for life between Kathleen & Ellen. And if you have a boy, look out! I have a feeling there will be some serious shopping going on.

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

khakismom
01-03-2005, 11:49 PM
>I ordered a short john from Chez Ami last summer and it was
>very cute. But, it wasn't my favorite of those kind of
>clothing makers. Ragsland was cuter and better priced, and
>Bailey Boys was also very cute (but more expensive than both
>Chez Ami and Ragsland).

Good to know! :) I've never bought anything from Chez Ami, but figured it was similar to Kelly's Kids (which I have bought 2 outfits from).

>So if you have a girl, she'll be set for clothes for life
>between Kathleen & Ellen. And if you have a boy, look out! I
>have a feeling there will be some serious shopping going on.

Exactly! I'm in love with the bright, happy colors for boys. I hate all that drab navy and hunter green.

kensjen
01-04-2005, 12:47 AM
hehe, already thinking about spring shopping, eh? And maybe you will get a little boy to dress!

I was very disappointed with chez ami. A few months ago I ordered 2 rompers for DS, because I LOVED the fun colors and designs. But when I got them, I was pretty unhappy...:( The quality of the products overall was terrible, and the fabric thin. I hated how the snaps between the legs were so far apart, so that it was drafty! ;) Also, the sizing was not anything like the size chart...they should have been huge on DS but barely fit. Anyway, I was so so so looking forward to this package...I wanted to love these clothes. It is always nice to find fun and different clothing for boys. And for what they cost, I must admit that I had higher expectations.

So, that was my one experience. I know many of you love their clothing, and have had no problems. I am wondering if I should give them another shot, or just not bother with it again. I drool just looking at the clothing. And I am on the other side of it...I would love to have a girl to dress! :)

ast96
01-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Did I miss something? Maureen, are you pregnant?

I have to say that my Bailey Boys and Rags Land outfits have been far superior to my Chez Ami stuff... I think Chez Ami is good if you can get it at attic sale prices, though!

Allison
DS 06.02
DS 03.04

khakismom
01-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info Jen and Allison. I have to say this bums me out--I love the look of this dress. But if the quality isn't there, then I'm not about to spend $100+ for 2 dresses. Maybe I'll sniff around for a party so I can touch it and feel it in person.

Thanks girls! :)

stella
01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought quite a bit from Chez Ami in the fall.

For Anna I bought 3 pairs of leggings, a dress and two tops. For Wade I bought two long-sleeved t-shirts to coordinate with Anna's outfits.

They are all so cute. BUT one pair of leggings has not held up. They have faded and pilled and made me yearn for Hanna quality. Every other item has been fine - I would say an 8 out of 10 (hanna knits being a 10 - zippers, long johns, wiggle pants, playdress combos). But this one pair of leggings hasn't worn as well as Target.

They're still cute - they're just not worth what I paid for them. The other outfits are really cute and she wears them often. So I guess I would say that their quality is inconsistent.

And like Kerry said, I will reach for the hanna over and over. But the new chez ami is super-cute from the catalog. I would probably order again.